Translate

Thursday 31 August 2023

August Stitch from Stash and Pie

  It's time for Pie:





For the first time this year, Halloween at Hawk Run Hollow did not get the full month.  Because I finished it!  Here's where I started the month:


and here's my glorious finish:

stitched over 1 on 25 count Cassia Rose from Chromatic Alchemy

The number of days it took to stitch each block is as follows:

Block 7 - 13 days
Block 6 - 16 days
Block 2 - 19 days
Block 3 - 20 days
Block 4 - 15 days
Block 1 - 19 days
Block 5 - 25 days
Block 8 - 15 days
Block 9 - 27 days
Block 10 - 31 days
Block 11 - 32 days
Block 12 - 34 days

A grand total of 269 days, pretty much 9 months so it's been like having a baby!

The blocks took longer as time went on, partly because I've had less time for stitching in the last 12 months that before that for various reasons.  But also because those bottom four blocks are much more full coverage than the other two rows.


I then moved on to Taurus by Nora Corbett to get a good chunk of progress on her.  I've completed nearly all the cross stitches and have started the metallic gold.  There are a lot of beads in this one!

stitched on 32 count Murano in Taurus from Sparklies



I stopped after 13 days so I could fit a full 7 days into Gardens of London.  I worked on the borders for a while then stitched the blue in the Guardsman's Hut then finished on the border for the last day.

stitched on 32 count Cotton Clouds Linen by Crafty Kitten

This is a project you need to sit down and focus on.  It's not something you can pick up and put down, or carry around the house easily.




My evening stitching was split between the Little Snapdragon from Kustom Krafts and Turn, Turn, Turn from Noteworthy Needle:


Little Snapdragon was so close to a finish I decided to move that to the evening and get it done this month.  
stitched on 32 count Evening Sky Murano from Crafty Kitten

These photos are taken after I ironed it facedown into a fluffy towel.
You can see how the stitches puff up and look amazing just from a dry iron.



Turn, Turn, Turn currently looks like this, over halfway done now:

stitched on 32 count Sea Spray linen from Wichelt




Finally, Stitch from Stash and I got two embellishment packs for my Nora Corbett Zodiac Girls.  I checked my inventory and didn't have many of the beads Taurus needs so it was more economical to buy the whole pack.  I also bought the beads for Scorpio which I plan to do after Capricorn.  I have most of the beads for Capricorn already.





















3 comments:

Leonore Winterer said...

A very productive month. So nice to see Gardens again, and it looks like Taurus won't take too much longer to join the 'finished' pile!

Katie said...

Beautiful work on everything. Love how the stitches are fluffy on Snap Dragon. Adorable.

Toki said...

Only Wonderful works.
I'm very interested in London's gardens.