Translate

Monday 21 August 2023

August IHSW

 


HSW or International Hermit and Stitch Weekend always starts on the third Friday of the month.  It's a chance to lock yourself away and focus on your stitching for the weekend.  You can take part on your blog or via the Facebook page - IHSW on Facebook.

I made a start on Nora Corbett's Taurus and filled in all the grey/purple in the dress and then moved on to the frame around her.

From here on Friday:

stitched on 32 count Murano in Taurus from Sparklies

to here:


Lots of metallic gold in the top of the frame.


In the evenings I am going to work on Turn, Turn, Turn from Noteworthy Needle this month.   From here:


to here:

stitched on 32 count Sea Spray linen from Wichelt


I also added some stitches to Leo the Zodiac sign from Circle Cross.  From here:


to here:

stitched on 28 count sky blue evenweave from Silkweavers

to here:

Please excuse the poor quality of the "after" photos, I used my iPad as I finished stitching rather than get my camera out each time!  I'll get decent ones for the end of the month posts.


Finally, the next IHSW will be 15th - 17th September - my Birthday weekend - so make sure you note the date in your diary or come and join us in the Facebook Group - IHSW on Facebook. If you don't do Facebook then you can check in here by leaving a comment on my post.




3 comments:

Sandy said...

You made LOTS of headway on all 3 of your projects. Well done. Since I've been away, I've not done any stitching for quite awhile, need to get back to it.
Sandy's Space

Katie said...

Beautiful progress on each piece.

Leonore Winterer said...

Great progress! Next IHSW will fall on my stitchy retreat weekend. I guess that means I will either get tons done, or nothing at all...