Translate

Friday 18 August 2023

The Start of IHSW for August

 


HSW or International Hermit and Stitch Weekend always starts on the third Friday of the month.  It's a chance to lock yourself away and focus on your stitching for the weekend.  You can take part on your blog or via the Facebook page - IHSW on Facebook.

Strangely enough, I'm not working on a Friday again, so was able to make a start today!

I filled in all the grey/purple in the dress on Nora Corbett's Taurus and made a start on the frame around her.

stitched on 32 count Murano in Taurus from Sparklies

Now that Little Snapdragon is finished, I am going to work on Turn, Turn, Turn from Noteworthy Needle in the evenings.  The edge of that pink is the centre line of the chart:

stitched on 32 count Sea Spray linen from Wichelt

That just leaves one more project to fit in - the Zodiac signs from Circle Cross:

stitched on 28 count sky blue evenweave from Silkweavers

Finally, I did some more papercrafting.  Having completed a small 4 x 4 inch album I decided to go down a scale and make a 1/6 scale album for a doll.  Based on the popular Barbie doll but modelled here by my vintage Sindy:


1 3/4 inch tall
2 inch wide
3/4 inch spine

There are four pocket pages with flaps, pockets and inserts


Decorated with stickers and photos



And then I went down a scale again to 1/12


7/8 inch tall
1 inch wide
9/16 inch spine (15mm)

Four pocket pages with flaps, inserts and a pocket on the inside back cover 


Here's the two of them together


The blue one is going to be part of an Alice in Wonderland book I'm planning.


7 comments:

butterfly said...

Your little books are so sweet, And stitching is amazing Jo.
Enjoy your Sunday.

jocondine said...

Well done on your IHSW, nice to meet Sindy and see how happy she feels with her new album. I'm a great fan of tiny DIY, so perfect post for me, great to see a lot of papercrafting on your blog! xxx

Denise :) said...

You have some lovely projects in the works. I adore the little books! Edith has a 'tiny mouse' collection, and I think she might need one or two of these for them!! :)

Katie said...

Beautiful work. Just love those little books.

Astrids dragon said...

Great progress on everything, especially TTT!
Your little pink Barbie book looks great and the blue one is tiny! I "wonder" what you'll be filling it with?

Leonore Winterer said...

Great stitching progress but gosh, these tiny books are sooo cute!

Toki said...

The little book is too cute.
I also like dolls.😆