Translate

Wednesday 16 August 2023

August TUSAL and Stitching Library

        

It's TUSAL time!  

Here is my TUSAL jar with my current projects:


And just like that, it was done!


Little Snapdragon by Kustom Krafts
Stitched on 32 count Evening Sky Murano from Crafty Kitten


I had seen this design in a magazine advert and really liked it.  I was then lucky enough to win the chart in a giveaway in 2012.   I received the threads in an exchange with a US stitcher, I sent her some UK magazines.


I didn't start stitching until 1st January 2015 as part of the DUCJC (Debbie's Ultimate Crazy January Challenge).  It also appeared in the first ever Gifted Gorgeousness post.



I stitched quite a bit in 2016 and then only on the Longest Day Marathon until 2022 when I decided he had to be finished!

I've said several times before I am not a fan of the pixellated computer generated designs and stitching this one confirms it for me.  But from viewing distance he looks great and I love the colours, especially in his wings.

Now to get him framed!



What's on my Shelf?

This is a feature I'm going to include on my TUSAL post until I run out of books! I started a Page on my Happy Dance blog for my Stitching Library and realised what a huge task it was so decided to break it down to one book per month. For the next four years...

Title: Quick to Stitch Cross Stitch Keepsakes
Author: Helen Philipps
Publisher: David & Charles
ISBN: 9780715327470


I am assuming I bought this book because I had liked her other book.  I can think of no other reason why I would get it!  It's not my style and taste at all.

There are simple little designs for every special event in your life.


Ideally suited for the beginner






This wreath is cute 


There are some great finishing instructions at the back of the book









6 comments:

butterfly said...

Love the snap dragon , also the great book .
Enjoy the weekend. Hugs June.

DJ said...

Awww the snap dragon is lovely! Congratulations on your beautiful finish! I can't wait to see how you'll frame it! That is an interesting book you showcased...I have a few books I wonder what I was thinking buying them, but usually they come in handy for a quick gift. I agree the wreath is cute! Happy Stitching!

Katie said...

Congrats on the finish. Love how he turned out.

Astrids dragon said...

A beautiful finish, with beautiful colours! This really makes me want to start mine, I'll have to check my fabric stash.
Sweet book, you never know when you'll need a simple design?

Leonore Winterer said...

Congrats on the finish! That lille dragonling is so cute, well done.

That book isn't really my taste either, ob objectively speaking has some nice designs and pretty presentation. Are you going to keep it despite it not being quite your style?

Toki said...

Congratulations on finishing your dragon. Very nice delicate gradation.I also like cute dragon eyes.

You have a lot of Interesting books.Are these books a collection of works?
Or is it a book with explanations for making it?