Translate

Sunday 27 August 2023

August WIPocalypse WIP Workout

           WIPocalypse

WIPocalypse is hosted by Measi's Musings


Each month we have to share the projects we want to complete before the End Of The World.  Since 2011 I have chosen a number of projects to focus on that year, starting with my "11 in '11" and increasing to "23 in '23" for this year.  This month I stitched on 6 of my WIPs and had 2 large finishes.


2. Kustom Krafts Little Snapdragon - finish!


3. Chatelaine Gardens of London



5. Carriage House Samplings Halloween at Hawk Run Hollow - Finish!


11. Nora Corbett Taurus



13. Mani di Donna Halloween Stitching Basket



18. Circle Cross Blackwork Tarot

Leo



The full list can be seen here - WIPocalypse and "23 in '23"


Finally, Measi always gives us a topic to discuss too:

August - What is your comfort zone regarding the number of projects to have kitted and in progress at any one time?

When I started stitching, I was pretty much a OAAT stitcher, maybe one larger and one smaller on the go.  Then I discovered the Yuku Boards and blogging and the joys of serial starting!  Also rotations and SALs.

A few years back I decided to make an active attempt to reduce my older WIPs.  When I started this attempt, I had 27 WIPs, of which 13 were older.  At the start of this year, I had 15 WIPs of which 9 were older.  So they are coming down!  This month I completed a WIP from 2015.  I now have 5 WIPs older than that of which 3 could be finished if I focused on them!

My current plan is not to start anything without a clear idea of how it fits into the rotation and the timescale for stitching it.  I've been focusing on my larger projects for a while now so next year will see a change.

It's 2024 so I'm planning "24 in '24" with 12 medium projects and 12 smalls.  The idea will be to stitch one medium and one small per month.  I have so many lovely charts in my stash I thought it would be nice to actually stitch some and take a break from the BAPs.  My WIPGO Board will help decide which order to stitch them in.

That should satisfy my need for some new starts without building up the WIPs too much!



8 comments:

Katie said...

Fun idea for next year. I have ideas running around in my head about next year too. I love the planning part haha.

butterfly said...

Well done for your new year planning .
I love to rotate so each day I work on 4 smalls 2 med and one large .
I seen to be getting many older stitching products now finished .
Your stitching always looks so beautiful.
Have a lovely week hugs June.

Vickie said...

Your plans sound great to reduce. I have so many great things too. I need to give up sleep!

Carol said...

Great job on getting the number of WIPs down, Jo! Your two finishes are so wonderful--love them both! I am a OAAT stitcher--well one large and one small going at the same time :) My mind gets very anxious with more than that left unfinished. Enjoy this last bit of August ♥

DJ said...

What lovely finishes! Your progress pictures are lovely too, you are moving along! I like your idea of what you will be stitching next year. I'm always a little late planning, maybe I should start now...I wish I had more determination to finish up older WIPs.

Solstitches said...

I wish I could get to grips with some of my ancients WIPS. If only the new releases were not so tempting.
Love your CHS finish. It’s a beauty.
Happy stitching and planning,
Margaret

diamondc said...

Hi Jo: You choose such amazing designs to stitch, thank-you for sharing your progress and your finished designs.

Catherine

Leonore Winterer said...

You've been really good controlling the number of your WIPs. Of course, 24 lends itself well to 'two projects a mont' - what a fun plan!