Translate

Thursday 10 August 2023

No FFO for August!

       

Hosted by Rachel the Ten Hour Stitcher


Unfortunately, it's a No-FFo for me this month.  I just haven't FFO'd anything because I've been too busy papercrafting.

But I do have a rather wonderful FO which will be FFO'd within the next two months.

I first became aware of this designer and their large detailed designs of their imaginery town several years ago.  I liked a lot of their designs but couldn't pick a favourite and knew it would be a big time commitment.  So I decided that if they ever did a Halloween themed design in the series, that would be the one for me.

Of course, we are all now familiar with Halloween at Hawk Run Hollow from Carriage House Samplings, not least because of how many blog posts it has appeared in here!

I started the design on 5th February, 2021 and in that year stitched the two central blocks.  In January 2022 I decided to stitch for 14 days each month and focus on this piece until it was complete.

And as of 10th August, 2023 we have reached completion!!

Here's the final block so it can have it's moment in the spotlight.  I changed the tombstone to read 2023 for the finish year.



And here is the full piece, stitched over 1 on 25 count Cassia Rose evenweave from Chromatic Alchemy using the called for DMC except for the pumpkins which are a variegated thread from Jodyri Designs called Titian's Palette.


Here are some of my favourite parts.

I changed the date on this tombstone from 1710 to 1709 because that's my Birthday!





Here's a little slideshow of all the blocks



Finally, I mentioned the papercrafting.  Here's the cover of the latest Album I made.  It's approximately 4 x 4.5 inches and made from the leftover pieces from two other projects.


And a peek inside:



I am adding my papercraft to another blog, I'll let you all know when that is done.  In the mean time, I'll try FFO something for next month!

8 comments:

Mary said...

Congratulations on your finish. I love Halloween stitching and I never get tired of seeing HRH. Your papercraft is really pretty.

beadgirl said...

Congratulations on the Hawk Run Hollow finish! I've long admired that whole series, but even the individual designs are much too big for me.

DJ said...

Oh my goodness, Hawk Run is fabulous!! I have enjoyed watching it grow over the months, you must be so excited!! Love your paper craft too...you have another blog? I'll have to check it out!

Beth in IL said...

Well done! Your Hawkrun Hallow piece is fantastic. And your papercrafting piece is great too. Love the dragons.

Astrids dragon said...

Woot, woot for an absolutely fantastic finish! I vote for a commentary on your next video! The witches are my favourite.
I finally got another piece of fabric for mine and hope to start soon.
Of course it's a great card, it has a dragon on it!

Toki said...

Congratulations on completing your wonderful Halloween creation!!
I love this design.
By the way.Are you 314 old?

Katie said...

Wow I just love that Hawk Run piece. I would love to stitch it....I think haha. I am crazy in love with your papercrafts and can't wait to see your new blog.

Leonore Winterer said...

Oh wow, Halloween at HRH looks great! Such a big finish, you must be really happy. And you still have a couple months to focus on other projects now!
I've seen some of your papercrafts on the happy dance blog...these are amazing too. You are so very creative!