Translate

Saturday 5 August 2023

The People Chose Fairies

  


This SAL is all about what you want to see on the blog.  I asked for suggestions for themes from followers of my blog and then put them up to the members of the IHSW Group on FB to vote for their choice.  We are currently working our way through the choices.  This is what was chosen:

August - Fairies
September - Small
October - Weather

Fairies are magical beings, often portrayed as beautiful but mischievious or sometimes downright cruel.  They are not to be trifled with as the many legends of the Fairy Court trapping humans in their world show.  The poor man wakes from a single night at the Court to discover 100 years have passed in the real world.

But they do make fabulous subjects for stitching!  Especially for artists such as Nora Corbett and Joan Elliott.

Here are four of Nora Corbett's Letter Fairies I stitched for myself and 3 of my little cousins:


Here's Mirabilia's Titania, Queen of the Fairies, stitched for a Round Robin:


And my current Mirabilia WIP - Fairy Idyll:



Joan Elliott does a range of fairies from tiny ones in Believe:


to the smaller Reading Fairy:


and her larger Flower Fairies:



For several years, Passione Ricamo did a free Fairy design for Fairy Day in June.  I have saved them all but only stitched one so far:



And just for fun, a cute little Bat Fairy I adapted from a Lucie Heaton design:





Now it's over to you. All you have to do is make a post on the theme of Fairies, mention The People's Choice SAL (you can copy the picture I used at the top of this post and in my side bar) and my blog.  Please link up using the URL of the actual blog post, not the home page of your blog. I look forward to seeing what you all post.

*

*

Finally, I need your suggestions for the next poll.  Anything, no matter how obscure, weird or random will go into the poll.  Keep the theme suggestions to a single word or two - so you could have Cats, or Green, or Holidays, or Warmth etc.   Really anything which could be illustrated in cross stitch.









10 comments:

Pamela said...

Wow! You have quite a collection of gorgeous fairy pieces.

butterfly said...

Wonderful collection of Fairy stitching I love the photo of the fairy tops .
Have a fun Sunday ,hugs June.

Mylene said...

WOW! You have lots of collections of Fairy pieces. All are so beautiful and love the different colour fabrics you had used.
Have a Happy week!

diamondc said...

Oh my goodness Jo: You have a beautiful collection of Fairies; you picked perfect framing for your designs.

Catherine

Carol said...

I'm not a fairy stitcher, but I love seeing them all stitched up. Yours are exquisite Jo--love how the beading makes them sparkle :)

jocondine said...

Sorry, I'm late to link... I couldn't find my magic wand, fairy that's a job I would have love to do! But we can all say that our needdles are our magic fairy wand. Amazing show by the way (a little fairy addict maybe?). Gorgeous patterns! xxx

Toki said...

Beautiful fairies.
I feel your fairy very dramatic.It became an eye candy.Thank you.😊
Japan is less familiar with fairies than other countries.Of course Japanese people know fairies.
There are also fans through Disney etc. In Japan, the existence of YOKAI is more familiar than fairies.
YOKAI aren't cute like fairies.

Astrids dragon said...

I love ALL of your precious fairies! I've stitched the letter K, and I have the A and C but haven't started them.
The bat fairy is adorable!

Leonore Winterer said...

Can you believe I haven't stitched any fairies? What's WRONG with me? There are so many beautiful ones, as your post proves!

Katie said...

Love them all!