Translate

Saturday 2 September 2023

The People Chose Small

 


This SAL is all about what you want to see on the blog.  I asked for suggestions for themes from followers of my blog and then put them up to the members of the IHSW Group on FB to vote for their choice.  We are currently working our way through the choices.  This is what was chosen:

September - Small
October - Weather
November - Circles

What's your definition of a "small" stitched item?  The WIP Warriors group count it as anything under 100 x 100 stitches which seems about right.  Anything smaller than 3-4 inches is a small item.  

Mary who currently hosts the Smalls SAL on her blog says "it's up to you" and is quite broad in her definition of a small.  Which has been just as well this year!

Usually I have lots of Smalls to share but this year I've been focusing on larger projects so I've had to rely on "small parts of larger projects".  Unlike previous years when smalls abounded!

If you look back at my "high finish" years of 2011, 2012 and 2013 you'll see just how many smalls I was stitching then.

Here's a few highlights:

12 Dragonlets of Christmas from Dragon Dreams

Alphabet Kitty from JBW Designs

World of Cross Stitch Year of Flowers

Here's a collection of small creatures - Just Nan's Mischief of Mice:



Here's some more mice:


Stitched for a challenge, I designed these tiny mice to fit round a penny.  They are stitched over 1 on 40 count linen.  Probably the tiniest thing I have stitched.

Here's another over 1 on 40 count:

That's a 2p coin and the stitching is one inch across

Here's a very small work of art, the Mona Lisa converted by Mr X-Stitch.  This is stitched over one on 28 count evenweave and measure just 1.75 inches by 2.25 inches.





Now it's over to you. All you have to do is make a post on the theme of Small, mention The People's Choice SAL (you can copy the picture I used at the top of this post and in my side bar) and my blog.  Please link up using the URL of the actual blog post, not the home page of your blog. I look forward to seeing what you all post.

*

*


Finally, I need your suggestions for the next poll.  Anything, no matter how obscure, weird or random will go into the poll.  Keep the theme suggestions to a single word or two - so you could have Cats, or Green, or Holidays, or Warmth etc.   Really anything which could be illustrated in cross stitch.












9 comments:

jocondine said...

I remember those cute small dragons and I'm glad to see those lovely flowers. But I'm specially happy to say hello to your Mona Lisa, mine is smiling in our hall. Thanks again for sharing the pattern some times ago and give me the chance to stitch the Joconde from Jocondine! xxx

Pamela said...

You have some wonderful small stitching. I love Mona Lisa!

butterfly said...

WOW Jo you always amaze me .
So much amazing stitching ,have fun hugs June.

diamondc said...

Hi Jo: All your smalls are wonderful, but my favorite is Mona Lisa, amazing and beautiful.

Catherine

Sapphire said...

The Alphabet Kitties are very cute, with each one being a different theme. I'm impressed you stitched them 12 times.

Leonore Winterer said...

You are the queen of smalls, even if you aren't stitching as many this year!

Astrids dragon said...

Loving those dragons and kitties! Oooh, and the mice! I don't remember seeing the mice/penny, super small and cute.

Katie said...

Great post. Thanks for sharing your smalls.

Toki said...

All small and cute things.😆
I really like the design and items.Where do you look for it?