Translate

Tuesday 15 August 2023

Gifted Gorgeousness August Link-up Post

       

Welcome to the August Gifted Gorgeousness link-up. The link-up date continues to be the 15th and I will keep the link-up open until the end of each month so you have plenty of time if you are late posting.

The format remains exactly the same, there is a list of rules on the main sign-up page if you want to check what is required but basically anything connected to the word "gift" is allowed, whether it was a gift TO you or is a gift FROM you.

Once again, for the first few days of the month my focus has been Halloween at Hawk Run Hollow.  And I have a finish!

  

stitched over 1 on 25 count Cassia Rose evenweave from Chromatic Alchemy

More photos in the previous post.


I am continuing with my Dark 13 project which is Mani di Donna's Halloween Sewing Basket.  The plan for this one is to stitch it on the 13th of every month.

stitched on 32 count grey linen

I finished one side panel.  Now I have to stitch the same thing again!

I made some more progress on the Elements from Circle Cross' Tarot design and completed the second Zodiac sign - Cancer:  

stitched on 28 count sky blue evenweave from Silkweavers

And made a start on Leo:



In July I worked on Turn, Turn, Turn from Noteworthy Needle and finished here:

stitched on 32 count Sea Spray linen from Wichelt

In August I decided to make Little Snapdragon my evening project in a final push to finish it.  I am currently stitching the lighter blue which is the final colour and double-checking for missed stitches in other colours.  I only have this part left to do:

stitched on 32 count Evening Sky Murano from Crafty Kitten


Now it is your turn to show us your Gifted Gorgeousness for the month.  Please use your name or your blog name in the field and NOT the words "August Update" so I can easily see who has linked up this month.  And link to the actual post, not just your blog.  It is easier if you copy and paste the link, rather than typing freehand.

*

*

Finally, I have some gifts which are not stitched.  I made another hexacard using some lovely dragon and fairy paper:



Then I made a locked page card with 5 locked layers:



The last gift is a Window Nook made from a Cool Katz kit:



I'm adding all these to my blog for art, called Serendipity Rock Paper Scissors and also to my YouTube channel - @SerendipitousStitching







9 comments:

Clare-Aimetu said...

Hawk Run Hollow is superb, great finish. The zodiac design is lovely and I love your mon stigvhy gifts

DJ said...

Ooooh so many goodies! Congratulations on finishing Hawk Run, you've done a lovely job! The other Halloween piece is lovely too (I have a hard time stitching the same thing twice...but I'll cheer you on!). The tarot designs are so pretty, you've done an awesome job on those. Love the snapdragon...so beautiful...and I have the turn turn turn pattern, maybe I need to dig mine out and give it a try! Love the paper items you are creating...so pretty! Definitely a feast for the eyes. Thanks for hosting GG...always fun to see what others are stitching!

Astrids dragon said...

So many wonderful finishes, and an almost finish!
Nice progress on Leo and TTT, you're on a roll.

butterfly said...

Oh Jo you are so talented , I loved my card to , and the fairy one is beautiful.
Love all your stitching , the snap dragon is really lovely.
Have a good week hugs June.

jocondine said...

Well done on the HRH, the pattern is amazing, what a great choice on Halloween theme. Tarot look nice and that lion so sweet! The result is really great but maybe the stitching difficult, must find a small design to try it. And those two paper works will need more studies on your special blog. xxx

Carol said...

I'm so happy for you, Jo! Halloween at Hawk Run Hollow is so fabulous. A lot of love and patient stitching went into its completion--congratulations! ♥

Elfie said...

I always love seeing your beautiful stitching, Jo. The Hawks Run piece is amazing, and I really like the zodiac ones. I love the non-stitchy creations too.

Katie said...

Wow so close on Snap Dragon. Lovely work on everything!!! That dragon!!! Oh My!

Leonore Winterer said...

Wow, you've had such a productive month! So much stitching and paper crafting, but I have to admit I am especially intrigued by the window nook, I don't think I've seen one of those before!