Translate

Saturday 3 June 2023

The People Chose Rainbow

    


This SAL is all about what you want to see on the blog.  I asked for suggestions for themes from followers of my blog and then put them up to the members of the IHSW Group on FB to vote for their choice.  We are currently working our way through the choices.  This is what was chosen:

June - Rainbow
July - Abstract
August - Fairies

I've always liked rainbow colours in order and used to use them in my colouring when I was younger,  There's something very soothing to the eye to see the colours run in the correct order and something very jarring when they are switched over or something random added like brown or beige!

We will start with a design with a rainbow in the name, this Just Nan - Noah's Rainbow:


Then two designs that used rainbow colours.  I stitched the yellow and orange band for Sophia:


This one is called Bubbles of Happiness from Lin Pulsion:


Now for one stitched with rainbow threads.  This was a SAL from Threadpickerz and I used a gorgeous but slippery rainbow silk to stitch it:


Now let's see if I can find something for every colour of the rainbow, starting with red:


Bandes des Dragons by Dessins DHC

Orange

Various Halloween designs

Yellow

Nest Egg by Satsuma Street

Green

Green Goddess by Joan Elliott

Blue

Blue Sampler which I adopted half-stitched from my Mum

Indigo/Violet

Blackwork in Purple, my own composition from motifs in a sample book

Star SAL by Periphaeria



Now it's over to you. All you have to do is make a post on the theme of Rainbows, mention The People's Choice SAL (you can copy the picture I used at the top of this post and in my side bar) and my blog.  Please link up using the URL of the actual blog post, not the home page of your blog. I look forward to seeing what you all post.

*

*

Finally, I need your suggestions for the next poll.  Anything, no matter how obscure, weird or random will go into the poll.  Keep the theme suggestions to a single word or two - so you could have Cats, or Green, or Holidays, or Warmth etc.   Really anything which could be illustrated in cross stitch.



8 comments:

Pamela said...

You have some gorgeous examples! I love the Bubbles piece.

butterfly said...

What colour in your stitching , just wonderful.
Have a fun Sunday hugs June.

jocondine said...

All the stitchings are great but I must say the "bubbles of happiness" is the perfect name for this lovely pattern. Confirmation that some designs make you happy looking at them! xxx

Ruth said...

Some really gorgeous stitching! Thanks for such a beautiful and inspiring blog!

Carol said...

You have so many rainbow colored finishes, Jo! I especially like the Just Nan piece. And what fun to see a finish of each color--shown in rainbow order, of course :)

Katie said...

Yep lovely update. Thanks for sharing.

Mylene said...

You have lovely collections of Rainbow colored finishes. The Green Goddess is gorgeous. I love her designs but i am afraid i haven't stitched much of hers.

Leonore Winterer said...

That's quite an impressive collection of rainbow- and uni coloured pieces!