Translate

Monday 19 June 2023

June IHSW

 


IHSW or International Hermit and Stitch Weekend always starts on the third Friday of the month.  It's a chance to lock yourself away and focus on your stitching for the weekend.  You can take part on your blog or via the Facebook page - IHSW on Facebook.

As usual, I worked on Friday so the only thing that got stitched that day was my Temperature Chart from Stitch It Picasso.  I am way behind with this, still stitching April!

stitched over 1 on 25 count tea-dyed evenweave


On Saturday morning I got out my Art Nouveau Tarot from Circle Cross which you saw in my TUSAL post.

The plan for the afternoon was to stitch Little Snapdragon which had unfortunately gone missing.  The storage tube was there, but there was nothing inside.  Rather than waste too much stitching time hunting for it, I decided to pull out the other WIPGO project for this month which is Bothy Threads 12 Days of Christmas.

Here is Day 5:

stitched on 32 count grey linen


The next IHSW will be 21st - 23rd July so make sure you note the date in your diary or come and join us in the Facebook Group - IHSW on Facebook. If you don't do Facebook then you can check in here by leaving a comment on my post.

But before then, I have my annual Longest Day Marathon on Wednesday 21st June.  This is the day where I attempt to stitch on all my WIPs and remind myself how much I still like each one.  Here is the collection ready for the Big Day:



Finally, the good news is that I did find Little Snapdragon!  The fabric had fallen on the coffee table and gone down behind some books so I couldn't see it until I moved everything off the table and then the table itself!  All's well that ends well.






5 comments:

Mylene said...

Good progress made on both your WIP's.
WOW! do wish you goodluck on your Marathon day stitching... after 6 consecutive long days at work and finally an off day tomorrow i hope to spend outdoor, hopefully the weather still summery.

http://thankfullga447 said...

Thank you for doing your blog and love the cross stitching

Vickie said...

Your Temperature Chart looks really great so far Jo.
Your longest day stitching always makes me nervous!!

Leonore Winterer said...

Great IHSW! I think I haven't seen 12 Days in a while, but I'm always happy to. I hope Snapdragon was located in time for the marathon!

Katie said...

Beautiful work. I'm glad you found the lost dragon. You had too much progress to lose that piece.