Translate

Saturday 10 June 2023

Finally Fully Finished Fun for June

     

Hosted by Rachel the Ten Hour Stitcher


This SAL is designed to motivate us all to do something with that box of Finished pieces instead of just storing them under the bed.  We will all be linking up on Rachel's blog on or after the 10th of each month (10 Hour Stitcher - 10th of the month).

This month was another last minute FFO, I have been spending my spare time papercrafting rather than FFO'ing!

This is part of a SAL on FB called Discworld Objectiva.  Last year a friend asked our DW group what item we would associate with each book in the series.  I said "this would make a great cross stitch" and she replied "you guessed it"!

She started designing the individual motifs and I model stitched them so she could see what they looked like and make adjustments as needed.  Almost all of the first ones were adjusted!  When she was happy with all 41 of them, she released them on FB and people have been SALing.

I've stitched the first 14 but then got distracted by other projects.  So this month, I thought that FFO'ing them might inspire me to get on with stitching the rest of them.

Last year I also made a junk journal with some friends and decided this would be the perfect place to put the Objectiva.  Here's the cover:


The inside cover and page 1 - The Colour of Magic


Page 2 - The Light Fantastic


Page 3 - Equal Rites and Mort


At the moment I am using what embellishments I have to hand but when I have finished the book I intend to go back and print off things to fill any gaps.


Finally, here's a papercraft thing I can't show you yet!


And a link to one that I can show you - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LK93EOvsKR4







 

4 comments:

beadgirl said...

Oh, I love these! Especially the Octavo :)

Leonore Winterer said...

Oh, that's a really cool project! How fun. You stitched them beautifully!

Katie said...

How neat. I love the way you do these. So beautiful.

Astrids dragon said...

Another amazing project you've created!