Translate

Thursday 15 June 2023

Gifted Gorgeousness June Link-up Post

     

Welcome to the June Gifted Gorgeousness link-up. The link-up date continues to be the 15th and I will keep the link-up open until the end of each month so you have plenty of time if you are late posting.

The format remains exactly the same, there is a list of rules on the main sign-up page if you want to check what is required but basically anything connected to the word "gift" is allowed, whether it was a gift TO you or is a gift FROM you.

Once again, for the first fortnight my focus has been Halloween at Hawk Run Hollow.  The plan is to stitch this for two weeks each month until it is finished.

Block 11 was finally completed at the start of the month so I could move on to Block 12, the last block of all  

stitched over 1 on 25 count Cassia Rose evenweave from Chromatic Alchemy


I am continuing with my Dark 13 project which is Mani di Donna's Halloween Sewing Basket.  The plan for this one is to stitch it on the 13th of every month.

stitched on 32 count grey linen

I made some lovely progress on the Elements from Circle Cross' Tarot design and completed the fourth one - Water.  
stitched on 28 count sky blue evenweave from Silkweavers

Now I intend to stitch each Zodiac sign in the relevant month underneath their Element.  We are currently in Gemini which is an Air sign to that will be the next one I start.  Probably over IHSW which starts this Friday.


Now it is your turn to show us your Gifted Gorgeousness for the month.  Please use your name or your blog name in the field and NOT the words "June Update" so I can easily see who has linked up this month.  And link to the actual post, not just your blog.  It is easier if you copy and paste the link, rather than typing freehand.

*

*

Finally, a gifted papercraft project for our lovely friend June, also known as Butterfly or the Queen of the Garden!  I made this hexacard following a tutorial by a YouTuber called 4GirlsStoleMyHeart and used black cardstock and an old calendar of RHS gardens.  I added some little butterfly stickers and then (after I took my photos) I added some Flower Fairies but you can't see them here!








9 comments:

Beth in IL said...

You always get so much done! I am such a slacker!!!

jocondine said...

Lovely card, never see that pattern before. Your stitchings are so great, I miss cross stitch so I'm glad to follow stitchers progress. I'm busy with felt for some more weeks but hope I'll be back (with the magnifying glass) soon. xxx

butterfly said...

Great post , love all your stitching.
And a big Thank you for the wonderful card.

Mylene said...

Great progress on the Halloween blocks as well as the Tarot design.
Have a lovely weekend!

Elfie said...

Such beautiful projects, and lovely stitching, as usual. Your card is stunning.

Clare-Aimetu said...

Great stitching and super gift for June

Leonore Winterer said...

Getting to the last block of HRH AND finishing the element cards? An exciting month for you, well done!

Katie said...

Beautiful work on everything. Okay that papercraft is too cool!!!

Astrids dragon said...

Your card turned out beautifully, something for June to treasure!