Translate

Sunday 18 June 2023

June TUSAL and Stitching Library

             

It's TUSAL time!  

Here is my TUSAL jar with my current project, the Art Nouveau Tarot from Circle Cross:


I completed the four elements last week so now I can start on each of the star signs underneath the relevant element.  This is Gemini underneath Air:

stitched on 28 count sky blue evenweave from Silkweaver




What's on my Shelf?

This is a feature I'm going to include on my TUSAL post until I run out of books! I started a Page on my Happy Dance blog for my Stitching Library and realised what a huge task it was so decided to break it down to one book per month. For the next four years...

Title: Cross Stitch Characters
Author: Adele Welsby
Publisher: David & Charles
ISBN: 9780715312063


This book is absolutely going to be a test for my overseas followers!


The one above is possibly going to test even British stitchers - 
The Large Family from the Jill Murphy books


Wedding Sampler from Brambly Hedge by Jill Barklem
(there's a Birth Sampler too)


above and below are from Percy the Park Keeper by Nick Butterworth 





Cheeeeeeeeeeeeeese Gromit!  
Wallace and Gromit from Nick Park's animations


above and below are from Harry and his Bucketful of Dinosaurs by Ian Whybrow



And of course, Roger Hargreaves' Mr Men


The book was published in 2002 and these were all very popular at the time.  Some have been made into television series since then.  

So please be honest - how many did you know without looking at the names underneath?


Finally, IHSW got off to a bad start with the project I wanted to stitch going MIA.  Luckily I have a second one for WIPGO this month so Bothy Threads' 12 Days of Christmas will get a couple of days before my Longest Day Marathon on Wednesday 21st June.

3 comments:

Leonore Winterer said...

Gemini is so pretty, I love her face!
That character book looks fun. I think Wallace and Gromit are the only ones I recognise, but I do love the dinosaurs.

Katie said...

Love the blackwork piece. Beautiful. As far as the book I have seen them but don't know their names.

Astrids dragon said...

Yay for Gemini, she's already looking lovely.
You can't go wrong with Wallace and Gromit and the Mr Men are such fun!