Translate

Friday 30 June 2023

June Smalls

     

The Smalls SAL is hosted by Mary's Thread


Because I am focusing on my BAPs again, I won't have so many smalls this year but I do have a couple of series with small components so I will share them this month.

The first is the Blackwork Tarot by Circle Cross.  I have finished Water:

stitched on 28 count sky blue evenweave from Silkweavers

and made a start on the first Zodiac sign - Gemini:



My next collection of tiny items is the Potion Bottle Temperature SAL from Stitch It Picasso.  

stitched over 1 on 25 count tea-dyed evenweave

I completed all of April and made a start on May.  Apart from those four Green days, the rest alternated between Lime and Yellow so it should be quicker now.

June was more varied between Lime, Yellow, Orange, Red and Dark Red (for just one very hot day).


Finally, a very small Small.  This is one of the motifs for the Discworld Objectiva I started last year.  My friend Nicole thought it would be fun to choose one motif to represent each of the Discworld Books.  I helped by model stitching them so she could see how each one turned out before committing to the final design.

Sourcery is the fifth book but one that caused her a lot of issues getting the right look to the carpet.  She moved on to some of the easy books and then came back to it later.  Which is why I hadn't stitched it before.  Here's the final design she was happy with:


stitched on 28 count white evenweave






2 comments:

Leonore Winterer said...

You're doing a great job getting caught up on the temperature bottles, and keeping on track with everything else!

Katie said...

Beautiful work. I love the bottles. Too cute!