Translate

Thursday 31 March 2022

March Stitch From Stash and Pie

 Last day of the month and Time for Pie!





14 days on one project - Halloween at Hawk Run Hollow.  Here's where I started the month:


I finished Block 3:



And got this far on Block 4

stitched over 1 on 25 count Cassia Rose from Chromatic Alchemy

I will continue with this block in February and then start Block 1.  So far the number of days is:

Block 7 - 13 days
Block 6 - 16 days
Block 2 - 19 days
Block 3 - 20 days
Block 4 - 3 days and counting


My WIPGO Board chose Halloween at Hawk Run Hollow for both numbers which left me with a free choice for the rest of the month.  I decided on a new start I have been very excited about.  Nora Corbett had a new series last year called The Zodiac Girls.  I acquired all of them!  Where else would I start except Virgo, my Star Sign?  I had the genius idea of using the fabrics from Sparklies with the same name as each chart.  So here is Virgo on Virgo:

stitched on 32 count Virgo Murano from Sparklies


I mentioned before I wasn't sure about the pink hair, it's not very "me".  I toyed with the idea of auburn hair and a green dress for Autumn but the colours didn't look so good on the fabric.  Then I looked at the charted blues for her dress - 414 and 415.  Which are grey??  I remembered the tin of the new DMC colours I bought had some nice lavender shades so I got that out and used the following:

30
30/26 blend
26
25
27

The frame is 3051 rather than the called-for Caron Waterlilies.

I really like it.  I also stitched over the gaps for the beads.  She is holding several beaded chains in her hands so I am going to secure the threads at each end, thread the beads and have them hanging free with just a couple of tacking stitches to help keep them in place.

She is going away now until she gets called for the WIPGO later this year.


Just Nan's Lily Pond was my lunchtime projects on the days I worked.

stitched on 32 count Pale Green Linen


I have decided to log my bath-time stitching this year.


Tiny Modernist 3D Greenhouse

stitched on 28 count grey-blue evenweave

This should change in April as I will stitch Day 4 of the 12 Days, complete my 3D Greenhouse and then return to my Stitch it Picasso Dragon.


Finally, Stitch from Stash was a bust because I supported some Ukrainian designers!

At the start of the month I bought this design from Living on the Rainbow:

It's an adorable bookshop!

Then I won an Etsy voucher from Rachel which I wanted to use to support some more designers.  Unfortunately, having chosen four charts, when I went to pay - none of them accepted Etsy vouchers!  So I used my Paypal balance to get them.  So as not to waste the voucher I bought two sets of designs from Waxing Moon that I wanted anyway!

The four Ukrainian designs I showed in my Gifted Gorgeousness post, so here are the two Waxing Moon designs:


I am hoping they will work with my CCN Main Street conversion.  If not, then I will stitch them separately and frame in matching frames!


£15 was a gift voucher and the mag sub is not counted for SFS which brings it down a little bit!












4 comments:

diamondc said...

Hi Jo: Nice progress on your stitching.
Love the new stash, the round building is adorable.
Tiny Modernist is adorable, I am looking forward to seeing it fully finished.

Catherine

butterfly said...

Your Green house is looking fab.
More wonderful and beautiful stitching .
Have a fun weekend hugs June.

Leonore Winterer said...

Great stitching - wow, that block on HRH was a lot of work! Unsurprisingly, I am still most excited about the impeeding finish on the greenhouse, though.

Katie said...

Gorgeous work on everything. I love that greenhouse like everyone else haha.