Translate

Monday 21 March 2022

March IHSW

 


IHSW or International Hermit and Stitch Weekend always starts on the third Friday of the month.  It's a chance to lock yourself away and focus on your stitching for the weekend.  You can take part on your blog or via the Facebook page - IHSW on Facebook.

I worked on Friday but took my Just Nan sampler with me and managed to complete Band 8 in my lunch break:

Just Nan - Lily Pond
stitched on 32 count Pale Green linen

I didn't have the variegated green for the row of frogs so I used 501, 502 and 503 to stitch them so the colours change across the row.

In the evenings I have been stitching my Tiny Modernist 3D Greenhouse.  I have one more shade of green to stitch and then it's time for the flowers and backstitch.  And making into a 3D form!

stitched on 28 count grey-blue evenweave

Having completed my 14 days on Halloween at Hawk Run Hollow it was time for a new start!  Because I am taking part in No New Starts 22:22 this year, I am reducing the number of new starts as much as possible but this one was in my plans.

I put up a photo of one day's progress in the Mira Mira FB group and asked people to "Name That Nora" with just a couple of clues.  Even Nora Corbett herself couldn't guess, but eventually someone got it right.

This is Virgo from the Zodiac Girls series in the Nora Corbett imprint:

stitched on 32 count Virgo Murano from Sparklies
(the perfect fabric?)

This is what she will look like eventually.


Although I might change her pink hair to be a little bit more purple pink than candyfloss pink?


Finally the next IHSW will be 15th - 17th April so make sure you note the date in your diary or come and join us in the Facebook Group - IHSW on Facebook. If you don't do Facebook then you can check in here by leaving a comment on my post.


6 comments:

diamondc said...

Nice progress Jo: I love the little greenhouse, this is adorable, you always have so many lovely projects going.

Catherine

Katie said...

Lovely work on everything. The band sampler is just beautiful. Great progress on your new start.

butterfly said...

Jo what wonderful stitching love the lady with pink hair .
The green house looks fab , well done Jo.

Mary said...

THe frogs are so cute! The Greenhouse is going to be spectacular!! I think the pink hair lady is cool!

Leonore Winterer said...

Great work and great new start - yes, that certainly is the perfect fabric for Virgo!

Carol said...

Lots of pretty projects, Jo! I am really looking forward to seeing your final construction of the greenhouse :)