Translate

Thursday 10 March 2022

Finally Fully Finishing Fun for March

  

Hosted by Rachel the Ten Hour Stitcher


This SAL is designed to motivate us all to do something with that box of Finished pieces instead of just storing them under the bed.  We will all be linking up on Rachel's blog on or after the 10th of each month (10 Hour Stitcher - 10th of the month).

Once again this month I FFO'd on the 8th!

This is a little Just Nan freebie I completed back in 2015!  I intended to scrapbook it on this page


But never got round to it.  It's a very small piece so I thought it might get lost without a fancy border.  So then I decided to make a Halloween Ornament:


I backstitched an octagon around the design, did the same on a spare piece of the fabric, then whipstitched the two together.  When I got to the final side, I stuffed it with last year's ORTs.  I don't produce many ORTs as I am very parsimonious with my thread, using it to the final cm.  But there were enough to make a nice padded spider.  Then I made some dangles using black beads at four corners and an extra long one at the bottom.  This one I ended with a spider web charm:


After that I made a super long string of beads, added a pumpkin charm and a loop at the top:


So here we have my Poor Jack Halloween Dangler:


Worth waiting 7 years for!


Earlier in the week I completed Day 3 of the 12 Days of Stitchmas.  My project this year is by Jardin Prive and I'm using this rather wonderful Millenium Blue linen.  


stitched on 32 count Millenium Blue linen


🐇 Good Friday - Friday 15th April 🐇

Finally, it's time to sign up for the Annual Easter Treasure Hunt.    If you would like to take part this year, just leave a comment here.  The week before Easter I will send you a letter of the alphabet which will form part of the mystery phrase.  On Good Friday you will post that letter along with a photo of something seasonal that you have stitched (could be Easter or Spring or just something cheerful and sunny or floral).  We all hop around like little bunnies to find the Mystery Phrase!

Here's a link to last year's hop so you can see how it all works - Easter Treasure Hunt Blog Hop 2021





14 comments:

Suzanne H said...

I love the Halloween dangler. It was well worth the wait to come up with that idea!

Sue said...

What a fantastic finish! Definitely worth the wait. 😉 Your chhok is lovely.

Mary's Thread said...

That finish of the Just Nan is just fantastic! So clever of you! Please count me in for the Easter Treasure hunt!

Pamela said...

The Halloween ornament is perfect!

RONI said...

Great idea with the dangler, and even more perfect being stuffed with the Orts!! My very random ORTs fill up clear Christmas baubles, so it has wool, thread and diamond painting bits! I'd love to join the Easter treasure hunt too please.

Carol said...

Love that latest JN ornament, Jo--such a cute finish!

Barb said...

I just love the way you finished that ornament!

Shelly said...

Your Halloween ornament turned out great! The colors really pop on the millennium blue fabric you're using for Stitchmas. Put me down for the Easter Treasure Hunt! Is this a new blog hop festivity or have you had this before? Here's my email-azcampis@yahoo.com. Thanks Jo.

A Patchwork of Crafts said...

I think 7 years to get the perfect finish is just fine (well I would have to some of mine have been waiting longer) I would be delighted to join in the Easter Treasure Hunt again this year.

Sheryl said...

I love the way you have finished this Halloween design, fabulous.

Katie said...

Well How cute! Love the way it turned out.

beadgirl said...

Oh, what a cute finish for the spider thingie!

Leonore Winterer said...

I love your angry Halloween pumpkin monster (I'm seeing his head in the ornament, and arms and legs in the shorter dangly pieces)!

Rachel said...

Well done for completing a not-quite-last-minute ornie for the FFG SAL! The dangly beads really complement the design. :)