Translate

Tuesday 15 March 2022

Gifted Gorgeousness March Link-up Post

  


Welcome to the March Gifted Gorgeousness link-up. The link-up date continues to be the 15th and I will keep the link-up open until the end of each month so you have plenty of time if you are late posting.

The format remains exactly the same, there is a list of rules on the main sign-up page if you want to check what is required but basically anything connected to the word "gift" is allowed, whether it was a gift TO you or is a gift FROM you.


My main gifted project is my Halloween at Hawk Run Hollow which is my focus project for the year.

Since the last GG I have stitched the rest of Block 3:


stitched over 1 on 25 count Cassia Rose evenweave from Chromatic Alchemy

All four blocks so far:


Love the pumpkin head!


I also completed another shop in my spooky conversion of CCN's Main Street.  This is the Post Office converted into the Owl Post Office.  The charts and fabric were gifts:


My final gifted things for this month are some "future stitching".  I was lucky enough to win a competition organised by Rachel, the Ten Hour Stitcher and she sent me an Etsy voucher so I could buy some charts to support Ukrainian designers.

These are the four charts I purchased:





Now it is your turn to show us your Gifted Gorgeousness for the month.  Please use your name or your blog name in the field and NOT the words "March Update" so I can easily see who has linked up this month.  And link to the actual post, not just your blog.  It is easier if you copy and paste the link, rather than typing freehand.

*

*

🐇 Good Friday - Friday 15th April 🐇

Finally, it's time to sign up for the Annual Easter Treasure Hunt.    If you would like to take part this year, just leave a comment here.  The week before Easter I will send you a letter of the alphabet which will form part of the mystery phrase.  On Good Friday you will post that letter along with a photo of something seasonal that you have stitched (could be Easter or Spring or just something cheerful and sunny or floral).  We all hop around like little bunnies to find the Mystery Phrase!

Here's a link to last year's hop so you can see how it all works - Easter Treasure Hunt Blog Hop 2021


15 comments:

Elfie said...

Great progress on your projects. Those Ukranian charts are lovely. I got some nice Christmas ones from a Ukrainian designer, and I'll be stitching one of them when I get my ornaments finished up. Please add me to the Easter Hop.

DJ said...

Oooh....another over one stitcher! It's nice to have "company" lol. I have a couple Hawk Run patterns, they are so cool! Yours looks spooktacular! I love the converted Owl Post Office, so cute! You're doing a lovely job with those! I love all the patterns you purchased from Ukrainian designers. I bought one too. I hope to go back and buy a few more when I get the chance. We donated to Samaritan's Purse too, who have set up a medical unit near a train station there for humanitarian aid. Bless those souls who have gone to offer hands on support. Thank you for hosting GG.

diamondc said...

Jo: So many fun things to see, we do not celebrate Halloween but enjoy seeing what everyone is stitching.
Congratulations on the win and wonderful stash enhancement.

Catherine

butterfly said...

More Fab stitching Jo .
Keep the good work going your stitching is just Wonderful.

jocondine said...

Halloween is growing very nicely, I love the colors from yellow, orange to greens perfect for this pattern. Love the owl post office too, could it be where Hedwig collects letters for HP? Winter foxes looks cute and won't need too many colors (I find it relaxing sometimes to have one work without an all bunch of threads). Please, add my name to the Easter Blog Hop list! xxx

Clare-Aimetu said...

Super progress on your main projects, it's lovely to see these grow. The Ukranian design are beautiful, a great way to show support. Please put me down to do some Easter hopping.

Barb said...

Love all that wonderful Halloween stitching. I did just the center of the HRH piece. I might have to do that headless horseman as a single. I love love the village!!

beadgirl said...

I love seeing how you've changed the Carriage House buildings. How many are there?

Katie said...

Beautiful work on everything. I love your new pieces you bought too. Very you.

Mary said...

Just love your Halloween stitching!!! Partial to the headless horseman. SO nice of you to support the Ukrainian stitchers. I am going to order as soon as I get a working printer.

Beth in IL said...

I love your progress on Halloween on Hawk run Hallow. And thanks for organizing these fun posts.
I have no stitching finished for spring or I would participate in your hop. Wait! Sign me up! I will pull something out and stitch it up! I have a week or two, right?

RONI said...

Ooo I do like the Aslan in your purchases! Definitely one to check out. Fab progress on the Halloween stitching, it's Halloween all year round on your blog, which is great fun!

Leonore Winterer said...

Wonderful gifty stitching, and wonderful charts you picked! I especially love the Evening in the Shire one, that one would look wonderful on a hand dyed fabric I think.

FlashinScissors said...

Love Halloween on Hawk Run Hollow! Fabulous gift from Rachel.
Love your choices and look forward to seeing you stitch them.
Barbara xx

Rachel said...

Glad you enjoyed spending the voucher, and for good causes. How strange that there should be an Alice one in there!!! :)