Translate

Saturday 5 March 2022

The People Chose Quilts

  


This SAL is all about what you want to see on the blog. Each month I ask for suggestions for themes and then put them up to the members of the IHSW Group on FB to vote for their choice. This is what they have chosen:

March - Quilts
April - Series of Designs
May - to be advised


I know a few of you quilt, personally I don't.  I do admire quilts but it's a hobby that takes up a lot of space!

Consequently I haven't stitched many designs with quilts in them.  I have made some motifs to be included in quilts which were made by other people.  So here they are:

This is a motif from the Scarlet Letter's English Transitional Sampler which I stitched for Nicola's surprise quilt in 2013:



This is a Glendon Place design called Friendship Compass which I stitched for Mouse's special Birthday.  I put my initials on the eastern point because that is where I live.



Is an afghan a quilt?  I think it counts!  This one had six blocks and we stitched two each for my friend Dawn's Baby:


I stitched a dragon and a cat.  My two favourite animals!



This one from Hetti is designed to look like a quilt with a little block for each day.  I stitched this throughout 2018 using the daily maximum temperatures.




Now it's over to you.  All you have to do is make a post on the theme of Quilts, mention The People's Choice SAL (you can copy the picture I used at the top of this post and in my side bar) and my blog. Please link up using the URL of the actual blog post, not the home page of your blog.   I look forward to seeing what you all post.

*

*

Finally, I need your suggestions for the next poll.  Anything, no matter how obscure, weird or random will go into the poll.  Keep the theme suggestions to a single word or two - so you could have Cats, or Green, or Holidays, or Warmth etc.   Really anything which could be illustrated in cross stitch.




7 comments:

Rachel said...

It seems like only yesterday you were stitching that temperature SAL, not four years ago! I think Afghans count as quilts, and I love the two little motifs you stitched for them, especially the variegated cat. I had a thought you might include Princess Elliana in this post as her dress looks almost as big and cosy as a king size quilt!
As usual, thanks for hosting.

Pamela said...

The temperature SAL is my favorite! Nice collection of quilty stitching.

jocondine said...

Great stitchings, I love the fact of being "part" of a quilt (above all if it's a surprise). Cat and dragon are a good choice for a baby cover (lot of great stories to tell). Temperature SAL looks amazing, I love to have some crafts as (I don't know how to say it) : "marks" in time (time being our life). xxx bises.

butterfly said...

Love all your SALs Jo , and the different range .
I notice you love colour .
Have fun , I only wish I could find lots more time .
Nothing better for the mind to stitch.

Carol said...

Lots of pretty quilt-themed stitching, Jo! I don't quilt either, but wish I had started in my younger years. At 67, I just don't want to invest in all the fabric, tools, etc. for another hobby. Besides--I'd hate anything to take away time from my stitching!

Katie said...

Great post.

Leonore Winterer said...

Fun theme this month, even if you and I didn't have a lot to show!