Translate

Wednesday 2 March 2022

March TUSAL and my Stitching Library

       


It's TUSAL time!

Here is my TUSAL jar with my current project:


I've just picked up Halloween at Hawk Run Hollow again and I'm plodding through the fill-in on the ground.  Then it's up to the right hand tree, some more bats and the figure.  Finally, I'll add the big yellow moon in the background.  I should finish this block this month.



What's on my Shelf?

This is a new feature I'm going to include on my TUSAL post until I run out of books! I started a Page on my Happy Dance blog for my Stitching Library and realised what a huge task it was so decided to break it down to one book per month. For the next four years...

Title: The Sampler Company's Book of Alphabets Motifs and Borders
Author: Brenda Keyes
Publisher: The Sampler Company 
ISBN: 9780953589203


This book is a fabulous resource for anyone who likes to design or adapt their own samplers.  It is simply pages and pages of motifs you can reuse in any way you like.

I've blurred the photos so they can't be copied but they do give you an idea!

This one is floral borders and motifs:


This one is a page of blackwork and a page of boats.  You could just add one boat to a sampler or design an entire sailing fleet!


There are several pages of trees, animals and birds.  This page I used recently to add two owls to my CCN Main Street conversion:

stitched on 32 count Charcoal Slate Murano from Sparklies


🐇 Good Friday - Friday 15th April 🐇

Finally, it's time to sign up for the Annual Easter Treasure Hunt.    If you would like to take part this year, just leave a comment here.  The week before Easter I will send you a letter of the alphabet which will form part of the mystery phrase.  On Good Friday you will post that letter along with a photo of something seasonal that you have stitched (could be Easter or Spring or just something cheerful and sunny or floral).  We all hop around like little bunnies to find the Mystery Phrase!

Here's a link to last year's hop so you can see how it all works Easter Treasure Hunt Blog Hop 2021










4 comments:

Barb said...

That looks like such a useful book ! I just love that Halloween village you are stitching!

butterfly said...

Great book , and great stitching .

Katie said...

Lovely work and thanks for sharing your book. Please sign me up for the blog hop.

Leonore Winterer said...

That's a great book to have around for inspiration, even if you are never going to stitch anything from it 'as is'!
Please sign me up for the Easter blog hop too, looking forwards to it :)