Translate

Sunday 27 March 2022

March WIPocalypse Stitching Challenges

     WIPocalypse

WIPocalypse is hosted by Measi's Musings


Each month we have to share the projects we want to complete before the End Of The World.  Since 2011 I have chosen a number of projects to focus on that year, starting with my "11 in '11" and increasing to "22 in '22" for this year.  This month I stitched on 4 of them and had 2 "block" finishes.  


5. Carriage House Samplings Halloween at Hawk Run Hollow

stitched over 1 on 25 count Cassia Rose evenweave from Chromatic Alchemy



14. CCN Main Street Post Office

stitched on 32 count Charcoal Slate Murano from Sparklies


17. Jardin Prive 12 Days of Christmas

stitched on 32 count Millenium Blue linen

18. Nora Corbett Virgo
stitched on 32 count Murano in Virgo from Sparklies

I've made one change with Virgo so far, her dress looks blue in the cover picture but the charted threads are 414 and 415 which are grey.  I wanted a little bit more colour so I went for some of the newer DMC.  I chose 30 and 26 instead and they look really pretty on my fabric.



The full list can be seen here - WIPocalypse and 22 in 22


Finally, Measi always gives us a topic to discuss too.

March – Tell us about a technique, designer, pattern, or anything else in stitching that you’ve been nervous or afraid to try.

As usual with this kind of question, the answer is nothing!  I've never been afraid to give something a go.  If it doesn't work out then either keep trying or write it off as an experience.   My first pillow finish was very wonky and mis-shapen but I've kept trying and have used different techniques so now I am quite happy with them.  My hardanger is adequate but it's not something I want to spend a lot of time perfecting.  I love 3D pieces and I know you are all excited to see my little Greenhouse fully finished.  I started the backstitch last night so it's very close now.

My Chatelaine is quite an intense pattern, but if you follow the instructions carefully it all makes sense.

Looking back at my first ten projects; I used metallics, black fabric, charted my own design and stitched a Teresa Wentzler.

One of my remaining goals is to stitch a biscornu.  For some reason I've never actually got round to making one.

The final thing which many people consider a challenge is a computer generated full coverage design.  They also have no appeal to me, either the stitching or the finished piece.  I like designs charted by people.


🐇 Good Friday - Friday 15th April 🐇

Finally, it's time to sign up for the Annual Easter Treasure Hunt.    If you would like to take part this year, just leave a comment here.  The week before Easter I will send you a letter of the alphabet which will form part of the mystery phrase.  On Good Friday you will post that letter along with a photo of something seasonal that you have stitched (could be Easter or Spring or just something cheerful and sunny or floral).  We all hop around like little bunnies to find the Mystery Phrase!

Here's a link to last year's hop so you can see how it all works - Easter Treasure Hunt Blog Hop 2021


7 comments:

Mary said...

Jo, Your doing great with your 22 in 22. The witches over the cauldron came out great, that alone is alot of stitching! Such pretty linens the postoffice and Jardin Prive are stitched on, shows off the stitch so nicely. Yes, I'm excited to see your greenhouse finished, 1 3D stitch would be quite a challenge for me. I'm surprised you never stitched a biscourn with all your diverse stitching. Have a good week!

butterfly said...

Just wonderful stitching Jo I love seeing all your different designs.

diamondc said...

Jo: You have lovely designs to stitch, beautiful progress, the fabric for the 3 French hens is beautiful.
Would love to be able to do a web rose spider stitch, I am horrible at it.

Catherine

Carol said...

Wonderful progress on all, Jo! That is great that you aren't afraid to try any new techniques--wish I could say that. I really need to try to get out of my comfort zone, but at my age, that's hard :)

jocondine said...

Love to see the progress on your WIP. You're my fearless knight in stitching... always ready for any new project! I must remember your example the next time I'll have to stich one on one. Hugs. xxx

Leonore Winterer said...

Great progress this month! Virgo is coming along nicely.

Katie said...

Beautiful work on everything. Just love that Hawk Run piece. Beautiful. Biscornus are scary until you start putting them together and then poof just makes the shape itself. Love them.