Translate

Saturday 4 November 2023

The People Chose Circles

   


This SAL is all about what you want to see on the blog.  I asked for suggestions for themes from followers of my blog and then put them up to the members of the IHSW Group on FB to vote for their choice.  We are currently working our way through the choices.  This is what was chosen:

November - Circles
December - Chocolate
January - Your Designer of the Year

Circles are quite difficult to recreate in cross stitch as they tend to come out a little angular!  But it can be done and one of the most well-know designs is probably Cirque de Cercles by Ink Circles:



At one time, this was considered a real Rite of Passage for stitchers, in the same way Teresa Wentzler's The Castle was.  Were you even a serious stitcher if you hadn't stitched at least one of these designs?

I haven't stitched a lot of designs with circles but I do have this cute little Ivy Circle which was a cover kit from many years ago:



On a similar theme, but much larger I have Joan Elliott's Green Goddess:



When you're talking about circles, there is one very important number to think about - Pi


Pi Day can be celebrated on 14th March in the US (3.14) or on 22nd July (22/7) in the rest of the world and this lovely freebie from Tor Rhuann is perfect for the day.


Now it's over to you. All you have to do is make a post on the theme of Circles, mention The People's Choice SAL (you can copy the picture I used at the top of this post and in my side bar) and my blog.  Please link up using the URL of the actual blog post, not the home page of your blog. I look forward to seeing what you all post.

*

*

Finally, it's time to sign up for the biggest Blog Hop of the year. I am sure you all know how it works but for those who need a reminder - here's a link to last year's:


If you want to take part, just leave a comment here or email me if you are a "no reply" person. I need an email address for you to take part in this hop.




9 comments:

jocondine said...

Ink circles is something! Never see that pattern before and I believe if it's variated thread every work is different! I love the romantic ivy cross stitch. I'm officialy asking for a door to open in your Advent calendar! xxx

jocondine said...

I forgot to say that this Pi Day is something new to me too. Save the date in 2024 calendar to see what will be on the net! xxx

Astrids dragon said...

I love your Green Goddess, she's so lovely!

Pamela said...

Green Goddess is gorgeous! I really like the pi piece.

diamondc said...

Jo: This is s fun post, I have done circles and you are right about some of them being a little angular.
I like the Ivy Circles design, very pretty.
Green Goddess is amazingly beautiful.


Catherine

Katie said...

Haha I've finished a TW and started a Ink Circle. So I guess your answer is yes haha. I do love the Green Goddess. So beautiful. I just added a reminder to my calendar to join in for the next one. Now let's hope I do it. I have missed joining in.

Please add me for the Advent hop.

Carol said...

Lots of pretty circle stitching, Jo! Cirque de Cercles looks absolutely stuning in that frame with the black mat! I think my favorite circle design is the Snowman Circle that I stitched years ago. Have a relaxing weekend ♥

Leonore Winterer said...

I had a bit of a giggle at seeing Cirque des Cercles this prominently featured in your post :D Love that pi design too!

And please count me in for the Advent Calendar again! I should be available pretty much every day in December, so any date is fine.

Rachel said...

I hadn't come across Cirque de Cercles but, you're absolutely right, it's probably the best design to recreate actual circles.
I didn't know about Pi Day, the one day using the American date system makes much more sense to us Brits!
Thanks for continuing to host this SAL; is it staying through 2024?