Translate

Sunday 26 November 2023

November WIPocalypse Ornament Finishing

          WIPocalypse

WIPocalypse is hosted by Measi's Musings


Each month we have to share the projects we want to complete before the End Of The World.  Since 2011 I have chosen a number of projects to focus on that year, starting with my "11 in '11" and increasing to "23 in '23" for this year.  This month I only stitched on 2 of my WIPs.


3. Chatelaine Gardens of London


So much detail in those little guardsmen!



18. Circle Cross Blackwork Tarot


Sagittarius






The full list can be seen here - WIPocalypse and "23 in '23"


Finally, Measi always gives us a topic to discuss too:

November – What is your favourite way to finish ornaments and/or smalls?

You mean apart from "popping them in a folder to be finished later"?  I call this The Ron Method.  Because they will be finished Later Ron hahaha.

A lot of my Smalls have been scrapbooked as I simply don't have space for loads of smalls everywhere.  I do try finish my Christmas Ornaments and have a lovely garland I put up each year with some of my ornaments and some gifted by my lovely friends.

Here's a couple of photos from last Christmas:



Mostly simple pillows.  Although I do like a 3D finish and here's my festive bookshop from Living on the Rainbow:





7 comments:

Shelly said...

Later Ron!!!🤣🤣 love that! I have lots of Later Rons too! Your stitchings are looking great. That Chatelaine though, wow. I may be tackling a HAED next year so I'll join you on stitching a big one. I caught your email about the Advent,bill be ready.

butterfly said...

You are working on some outstanding projects , love seeing them.
Have a good week hugs June.

jocondine said...

totally fan of your tarot cards, all the patterns are amazing such a beautiful blackwork. xxx

Rachel said...

Haha, I think all stitchers are guilty of Ron-ing! Stitching's too much fun to be spending time on finishing things off!
Love your ornie garland. Maybe, just maybe a couple more Just Nan ornies might get added to this year's.

Vickie said...

Gardens of London is looking fantastic! Your garland with ornaments is just lovely.

Katie said...

Yep I have a lot of Ron's too unfortunately. The tarot piece is so neat. Love them.

Leonore Winterer said...

I hadn't heard the term 'Ron Method' before but I'm totally stealing it! Great progress on the Zodiacs again, they are really coming together nicely.