Translate

Friday 10 November 2023

Finally Fully Finishing Fun for November

       

Hosted by Rachel the Ten Hour Stitcher


This SAL is designed to motivate us all to do something with that box of Finished pieces instead of just storing them under the bed.  We will all be linking up on Rachel's blog on or after the 10th of each month (10 Hour Stitcher - 10th of the month).


I actually have a couple of things to show you this month!  The first one has been my Dark 13th project all year and my evening stitching for Dark October.

Here it is, all stitched up and ready to go (except for one little tombstone I noticed after taking the photo):

stitched on 32 count grey linen

Here it is fully finished.  I mounted each of the four pieces on card, along with a rectangle for the base.  Then I whip stitched each piece to the base.  After that I whip stitched the side together.  I got two pieces of thick card cut to size with two flaps and fixed it to the centre of each side using double sided tape. 


Then I got a large piece of brown spotty fabric, stuck it to the cente pieces, tucking it between them at the top.  Then I used double sided tape to stick the fabric to the base of the basket and to the sides.


The wooden handle came with the kit.  I used glue to fit that into the central groove between the two pieces of fabric covered card in the middle.  It's for decoration not for practical carrying purposes!


This is a different method to the one described in the kit which advises you to make an inner basket with fabric covered pieces and use trim to cover the edges.

I like my method and it's part of my Halloween display now.  I need some more pumpkins to put into it!




Here's the second finish, a lot simpler as it came with the Whimzi frame!  This was a gift from June Butterfly and I was really pleased to get it finished and on display in time for Halloween.

Just Nan  -  Horrified!

Finally, it's time to sign up for the biggest Blog Hop of the year. I am sure you all know how it works but for those who need a reminder - here's a link to last year's:


If you want to take part, just leave a comment here or email me if you are a "no reply" person. I need an email address for you to take part in this hop.



8 comments:

Sandy said...

Congrats on getting your cute basket finished! It turned out wonderfully.
Sandy's Space

jocondine said...

The basket is fantastic, thought you'll use it to collect tasty mushrooms! Anyway it is a great part of your display now. Always fun to see something different made with cross stitch. One day we should organize a special blog hop with that theme : show no framed stitchings! xxx

DJ said...

Wow!! Your basket looks fabulous! Thank you for letting me know it was finished and posted to your blog...you must be thrilled! I love those cute Whimzi frames, and your stitching is just perfect! I would love to be included in the Advent blog hop! Happy Stitching!

diamondc said...

Jo: Your basket is beautiful.

Catherine

Katie said...

Oh that basket is just too perfect and just fantastic and just beautiful. The little frame is adorable as well. Don't want it to feel left out.

Rachel said...

Thank you for taking part in November's FFG SAL. Your basket is amazing and looks so different with ruched, as opposed to stretched, fabric. Love the little framed Just Nan too.

Carol said...

Such a great finish! Love that basket :)

Leonore Winterer said...

I was hoping to see this basket finished this month - looks awesome and will be a great addition to your display from now on!