Translate

Monday 20 November 2023

November IHSW

 


IHSW or International Hermit and Stitch Weekend always starts on the third Friday of the month.  It's a chance to lock yourself away and focus on your stitching for the weekend.  You can take part on your blog or via the Facebook page - IHSW on Facebook.


My main project was my Chatelaine, Gardens of London.  I'm stitching this as often as I can throughout the entire month as it's not very portable!

stitched on 32 count Cotton Clouds Belfast from Crafty Kitten

I managed a little bit of Sagittarius from Circle Cross too, you can see her arm pulling back her bowstring just appearing:

stitched on 28 count sky blue evenweave from Silkweavers

In the evenings and during the days when I can't stitch my Chatelaine, I've been working away on my Tree of Life from Steady Thread.  The tree itself is quite complicated but the border is very simple and once that is in place it's easier to see if the tree itself has gone wrong.

stitched on 28 count Cashel linen in Meadow Mist from Silkweaver


Finally, the next IHSW will be 15th - 17th December so make sure you note the date in your diary or come and join us in the Facebook Group - IHSW on Facebook. If you don't do Facebook then you can check in here by leaving a comment on my post.





8 comments:

diamondc said...

Hi Jo: Nice progress on Gardens Of London, it really is a wonderful design.
Great progress on all your stitching.

Catherine

Carol said...

Wow! Your Gardens of London is looking wonderful, Jo! It looks quite complicated--I would have to stick with it until I finished, or I probably wouldn't return to it! Enjoy your day ♥

The Crafty Princess said...

Hi Jo!!
Squeal over your Chatelaine!! I am considering doing one too but nothing as intricate as yours. Possibly the Polar one since I have the chart, but it's not kitted up in any way yet. Love it.

Beautiful work on your other wips. I love the fabrics from Silkweavers too, especially Meadow Mist
x

butterfly said...

Great progress Jo , wonderful work.
Have a lovely weekend hugs June .

Mary - Lecoeurceltique said...

Wow! Jo, you've made a lot of progress on Gardens of London. Good progress on your other projects as well.

Rachel said...

I'm just picturing you taking the delicate and intricate Gardens of London on the train with you... or maybe not! Great progress.
Forgive my ignorance here but I assume you're not rotating it as you work? I'm trying to get my head around how weird it must seem stitching icons sideways and upside down, especially when you reach the bigger landmarks, but then that has to be better than the top arms of the crosses going in different directions. Do you know if any Chatelaine stitchers rotate?

Katie said...

Fantastic work on everything. We have some plans for the December weekend but I will stitch before and after if I can haha.

Leonore Winterer said...

What a productive weekend! I just had to check the complete picture for Gardens of London, and you've really come a long way already.