Translate

Tuesday 31 October 2023

October Stitch from Stash and Pie

 It's time for Pie!

This was Dark October and I worked on three Spooky projects, the primary one being my CCN Spooky Conversion of Main Street.

I started this in May 2020 with the conversion of the Bookshop into Grimoires.  Then stitched three buildings per year until this month when it was finally finished.


I tried to keep the shops related to the original shops and the colour schemes too.


The trees became autumnal trees


I love the carniverous plants adapted from a Stitchonomy design


What's your favourite shop?


The next project up was the final Scary Apothecary design from Hands on Designs - Spider Legs.  I used two different Jodyri Threads for the variegated grey and pink.

stitched on 28 count Radioactive linen from Chromatic Alchemy

nice bit of sparkly orange metallic in this one:



I also made a pie for my evening stitching:

To start with, I focused on my Halloween Sewing Basket which is now fully finished just in time for Halloween!

Then I decided to knock out the Just Nan Spooky Smalls I started during my Just Nan-athon.  There were three of them and I finished all three.

Batty Jack

Horrified!

Fraidy Frog

Finally, Stitch from Stash.

I intended to buy the fabric for the next four Zodiac Girls earlier in the year but Sparklies closed their order books for a couple of months to try catch up with stock.  As soon as Kate reopened I was straight in with my order and it arrived very swiftly too.


Here's the three Water signs on their respective fabrics thanks to The Design and Fabric Viewer.  I also bought Capricorn which will be on next year's "24 in '24"













4 comments:

Astrids dragon said...

Your village looks fantastic, my favourite has to be the Owl Post, followed closely by the Potions because of the kitty outside!
Spider Legs looks great, I really like it on the green.
The Just Nans are too cute, the Fraidy Frog is great!

Katie said...

Beautiful work on everything! Love it all. Fraidy Frog is adorable and hilarious. Fabric looks perfect for those designs. Can't wait to watch them grow.

Leonore Winterer said...

Wow, your Dark Octoberwas amazingly productive - so much good spookiness! I love the Spooky Town - has it really been three years working on this?! My favourite stores are the broom store and owl post, but they all turned out great.

Rachel said...

Wow! Has Main Street really been a WIP for three years?! Congratulations on all your Dark October finishes. I have to agree with others - Fraidy Frog is hilarious!