Translate

Monday 13 November 2023

November TUSAL

 

It's TUSAL time!  

Here is my TUSAL jar with two of my current projects:


At the back we have my Chatelaine Gardens of London:

stitched on 32 count Cotton Clouds linen from Crafty Kitten

I'm working on the two phone boxes at the moment.  I want to get them finished and maybe one of the guardsmen this month.

It's quite tricky finding time for this as it's not something you can easily pick up and put down!

So my other project has been a new start from Steady Thread.  This will be a blackwork Temperature Tree for 2024.  I figured that stitching all the border and the tree trunk would make it easier to keep up next year.

stitched on 28 count Cashel linen in Meadow Mist from Silkweavers

Not the easiest fabric to stitch blackwork on but it's a pretty pale grey-green in exactly the right size and count.


Finally, it's time to sign up for the biggest Blog Hop of the year. I am sure you all know how it works but for those who need a reminder - here's a link to last year's:


If you want to take part, just leave a comment here or email me if you are a "no reply" person. I need an email address for you to take part in this hop.



4 comments:

Katie said...

Beautiful work and great new start.

jocondine said...

How clever to prepare the stitching tp welcome your 2024 temperature tree! It can be complicated to keep close to a "calendar" work, I failed with my one year of stitchs (but don't give up on a finish in 2024). xxx

Leonore Winterer said...

A blackwork temperature tree?! Damn, I think I might need to check that one out...your start looks really good!

Rachel said...

I don't recall seeing this year's temperature SAL for a while. Have you put it on the back-burner or just not posted progress? (And have you seen the Halloween version of it?)
Clever to get next year's SAL prepped though. It'll be lovely watching the tree flourish during the year.