Translate

Sunday 24 September 2023

September WIPocalypse Seasonal Stitching

            WIPocalypse

WIPocalypse is hosted by Measi's Musings


Each month we have to share the projects we want to complete before the End Of The World.  Since 2011 I have chosen a number of projects to focus on that year, starting with my "11 in '11" and increasing to "23 in '23" for this year.  This month I stitched on 4 of my WIPs.

6. Mirabilia Fairy Idyll



11. Nora Corbett Taurus



13. Mani di Donna Halloween Stitching Basket



18. Circle Cross Blackwork Tarot

Leo - finished

Virgo



The full list can be seen here - WIPocalypse and "23 in '23"


Finally, Measi always gives us a topic to discuss too:

September - Are you a seasonal stitcher?  If so, which seasons do you find yourself more productive or less productive?

Any season is stitching season!  In the summer it can be too hot to go out much.  The depths of winter are good too for the same reason.  My least productive days are obviously days when I work a full day but even then I get some time at bath-time in the evening.

In fact, whatever the season, this is my motto:



"I count not my day complete 'till needle, thread and fabric meet"

From Nature to My Needle by The Blue Flower







5 comments:

Carol said...

That is a perfect motto for all of us stitchers, isn't it? Something is missing when at least a few stitches aren't put in by day's end. Lovely progress on all, Jo--your Leo astrology finish looks great!

jocondine said...

Totally fan of your zodiac blackwork, it's like drawing with a thread but it must be hard to follow the pattern. Well done. xxx

DJ said...

I love your motto! I sort of live by that too! Your stitching is so gorgeous! I'm beginning to love Nora Corbit patterns, though I don't own any at the moment, the ones you've been stitching are so intricate and amazing! But it's your talent that really brings them to life! Happy Stitching!

Katie said...

I love the beads on the Nora piece. Gorgeous. Also everything else is wonderful too. Love the fabric for the Idyll. Beautiful.

Leonore Winterer said...

Wow, is Taurus almost done? Love your motto!