Translate

Friday 15 September 2023

September TUSAL and Stitching Library

         

It's TUSAL time!  

Here is my TUSAL jar with my current project, Fairy Idyll by Mirabilia:



She will get one more day this weekend and then go away until November.  Dark October is for spooky stitching.



What's on my Shelf?

This is a feature I'm going to include on my TUSAL post until I run out of books! I started a Page on my Happy Dance blog for my Stitching Library and realised what a huge task it was so decided to break it down to one book per month. For the next four years...

Title: Exquisite Miniatures
Author: Brenda Keyes
Publisher: David & Charles
ISBN: 9780715304358


I thought this book fitted in well with the "Small" theme for The People's Choice this month.


There's a wide variety of styles from traditional sampler motifs



to prim little houses


silhouettes


and blackwork


I love the way she accentuates the small size by using a chunky frame.


Back cover


I haven't stitched anything from this book yet but there's lots of information from the very knowledgeable Brenda Keyes, as you would expect and some great photos too.

I particularly like the square frame turned into a diamond on the back cover.


Finally, it's IHSW this weekend so I'm hoping to get a few projects worked on to share with you on Monday.

3 comments:

Akila said...

This book looks very interesting and very doable projects too!

Leonore Winterer said...

That's a cool book. You can get a great effect with these tiny stitches!

Katie said...

Love the book. So tiny and delicate.