Translate

Sunday 10 September 2023

Finally Fully Finished Fun for September

       

Hosted by Rachel the Ten Hour Stitcher


This SAL is designed to motivate us all to do something with that box of Finished pieces instead of just storing them under the bed.  We will all be linking up on Rachel's blog on or after the 10th of each month (10 Hour Stitcher - 10th of the month).

After August's No FFO, I've got a big one this month - a large framed piece that I finished very recently. 

Having taken so long to actually stitch this I didn't want it living in the Box any longer than necessary.  I went straight out and bought a frame from Wilkos, some mount board and got it done.


It's a big piece, approximately 20 x 16 inches and I like that you can see the fabric all around it.  It's too pretty to cover with a mat.

So far this month I have been focusing on Fairy Idyll from Mirabilia.  On Friday I completed the stone face at the very top of the design.

stitched on 32 count Vinyard Murano from Crafty Kitten

Every time I put this down to look at it, I think "Nora is a freaking genius".  Look at those colours and that face, it's so perfectly stone-like and 3 dimensional looking.  I love her work.

Looking ahead I think I want to focus more on her designs.  I've always had at least one Nora Corbett or Mirabilia in my rotation but I have a lot more I want to stitch!

Finally, I made another papercraft book for a challenge.  This is called a Star Book because when you open it out, it makes a star shape when viewed from above.


I decorated it using pages from a calendar of RHS Gardens:







11 comments:

Margaret said...

I love the framed piece. You are very clever to do your own framing.

Pamela said...

Your framed piece is gorgeous! Well done on the stitching and the framing!

jocondine said...

Beautiful finish, I love how here the dragon, who generally inspires strength, looks more like a butterfly. It gives the pattern this light and gentle look. Now I let you think about your stitching knowing that we call this flower "the wolf's mouth". xxx

Astrids dragon said...

It looks even more beautiful framed! I wouldn't want to hide the fabric either.
The colouring on the stone face really does look good, especially on that fabric.
Your Star Book is so original, nice reuse of the calendar pages.

DJ said...

Oh look at you go! The dragon is just lovely and I love that you didn't cover the fabric, it looks great! That little angelic face just pops out of the fabric! Designers have my admiration in the way they make things look realistic. Our stitching makes a difference in how it eventually looks, but without their patterns, where would we be? I love your paper craft, very clever! Congratulations on all your finishes!

Vickie said...

Your finish is super and so is the star book!

Leonore Winterer said...

Great finish! Little Snapdragon is so pretty and cute and deserves a place of honour on your wall.

Katie said...

The frame is perfect. Definitely lets the beautiful dragon be the main focus. Perfect. Love your new papercraft book too.

Carol said...

Congratulations on framing that beautiful dragon. I like the fact that you left so much fabric showing, too.

Suzanne H said...

I love that star book as well as your stitching. I love to make hand made cards aside from stitching so this intrigues me. Beautiful work all around!

Toki said...

I like your delicate stitches. And I love start books that use calendars.😆