Translate

Thursday 28 September 2023

A Happy Dance was Predicted in the Stars

I'm Happy Dancing!  This is the second of the Zodiac Girls designs from Nora Corbett that I have stitched.  She is Taurus, of course:


Here's the full design:


Stitched on 32 count Murano called....Taurus!

When I saw that Sparklies did a range of fabrics named after the Zodiac signs I knew they would be perfect for this series.


There were some Waterlilies charted for this design, but I substituted DMC for the ones in the centre of her dress.  3 different colours in the 501-503 range instead of one variegated.


Nora made a little error on the chart and put the sigil for Aries, but it was simple to change it to Taurus


The other Waterlilies was the teal to each side of her.  I used a Classic Colourworks thread called Bejewelled instead.


The swirls around the pale green beads were charted for Waterlilies and I used DMC 503 for them all.



Finally, here's a photo of her sister Virgo who was completed last year.  Capricorn will be next to complete the Earth Trio.




6 comments:

Akila said...

They look lovely

Mary said...

Congratulations on your beautiful finish. Did you use the Taurus fabric from Sparkles? Looking forward to your next start.

DJ said...

Wow!! She is stunning (and so is her sister!)!! I love what you've done with the colors you substituted and the fabric is perfect! Congratulations on your beautiful finish!!

jocondine said...

Waouh ! Amazing stitching, I love the colors, the beads on the horns, her look is fantastic (maybe the fact I was born on the second day of May makes it special)! Bravo ! xxx

Katie said...

Wow. The beads just enhance the piece so much. Just beautiful.

Leonore Winterer said...

She's pretty, and sooo sparkly! I love how she and Virgo are pretty different in style, and yet they'll all go nicely together in the end.