Translate

Saturday 3 December 2022

The People Chose Glitter

         


This SAL is all about what you want to see on the blog.  I asked for suggestions for themes and then put them up to the members of the IHSW Group on FB to vote for their choice.  Now we are working through the choices.  This is what has been chosen:

December - Glitter
January - Pick a Designer
February - A Way with Words

Glitter AKA The Devil's Dandruff to all crafters!  It is said that one pot of glitter can infect an entire family for three generations.

For that reason, I tend to stick to metallics for my glittery effects!

My Joan Elliott 12 Days of Christmas had a lot of glittery metallics, a double row all around the borders for every block.  I worked on it as my bathroom stitch for months!

You can see it clearly on Day 1:



This project is a Nora Corbett, Little Snowy Gray Cottage.  There is so much metallic in this one it was impossible to leave it until after I stitched all the cotton, which is my usual technique.  Plus I chose a sparkly fabric so lots of glitter there!


Look at all this lovely glitter!




And now it's over to you.  All you have to do is make a post on the theme of Glitter, mention The People's Choice SAL (you can copy the picture I used at the top of this post and in my side bar) and my blog. Please link up using the URL of the actual blog post, not the home page of your blog.   I look forward to seeing what you all post.

*

*

Finally, I need your suggestions for the next poll.  Anything, no matter how obscure, weird or random will go into the poll.  Keep the theme suggestions to a single word or two - so you could have Elephants, or Green, or Holidays, or Warmth etc.   Really anything which could be illustrated in cross stitch.











7 comments:

jocondine said...

The snowy cottage is lovely, looks great with the metallic and the glitters, the fabric color is perfect. Some ideas for 2023 : stones, dishware, sports. xxx

Sandy said...

LOVE the little cottage, very very cute. Count me out on all things glitter. You can't get rid of the stuff.
Sandy's Space

Katie said...

Haha love your comments about glitter. It's so true.

Beautiful pieces. Love the glitter to them and I know in person they are even better.

Astrids dragon said...

I love your Cottage, especially on that fabric! Some of the floss can be a pain to use, but the effect is worth it.

Rachel said...

Oh, your patience to stitch all those metallic threads is admirable! You can never have enough glitter in snowy scenes, the little cottage is amazing!
Thanks for hosting... all linked up. :)

Akila said...

LOVE the cottage, so snowy and glittery!

Leonore Winterer said...

That snow cottage has got to be the most glittery thing I've ever seen! Can't compete with that, but I do have some glitter to share.