Translate

Monday 19 December 2022

December IHSW

 


IHSW or International Hermit and Stitch Weekend always starts on the third Friday of the month.  It's a chance to lock yourself away and focus on your stitching for the weekend.  You can take part on your blog or via the Facebook page - IHSW on Facebook.

The December IHSW is always a tricky one as we are so busy this time of year.  I worked Saturday and Monday but finished at 3pm each day so had a little time.

My focus piece was my spooky conversion of CCN's Main Street.  This month I am working on the Dress Shop which started here:


And here's where I finished:

stitched on 32 count Charcoal Slate from Sparklies


My evening project has been the Amanda Butler Edinburgh House from Cross Stitcher magazine and I finished it this weekend:

stitched on 28 count grey evenweave

This was a fun stitch, lots of detail despite the small size and lovely backstitch in Amanda's style which really is best done on evenweave.  I'm looking forward to the rest of the series now.

Finally the next IHSW will be 20th - 22nd January, 2023 so make sure you note the date in your diary or come and join us in the Facebook Group - IHSW on Facebook. If you don't do Facebook then you can check in here by leaving a comment on my post.





4 comments:

diamondc said...

Hi Jo: Nice progress on main Street, Amanda Butler is a beautiful design, congratulations on the finish.

Catherine

Katie said...

Beautiful progress. Great finish!!

Astrids dragon said...

Nice progress on Main Street, there are so many pretty colours in it.
Heading to the library now to get that Edinburgh House pattern, it's so sweet! I can't wait to see what others they've chosen.

Leonore Winterer said...

Nice progress! I know it can be tricky to get some stitching time in December, especially before the holidays.