Translate

Sunday 25 December 2022

December WIPocalypse Annual Review

   WIPocalypse

WIPocalypse is hosted by Measi's Musings


Each month we have to share the projects we want to complete before the End Of The World.

Since 2011 I have chosen a number of projects to focus on that year, starting with my "11 in '11" and increasing to "22 in '22" for this year.

  1. Joan Elliott Faces SAL (1 block) - Goal Met
  2. Kustom Krafts Little Snapdragon  - WIP
  3. Chatelaine Gardens of London  - WIP
  4. Bothy Threads 12 Days of Christmas  - WIP
  5. Carriage House Samplings Halloween at Hawk Run Hollow - WIP
  6. Mirabilia Fairy Idyll - WIP
  7. Amanda Butler Alice in Wonderland  Finish
  8. Just Nan Christmas Elegance Finish
  9. Just Nan Mermaid Heart  Finish
  10. Stitchonomy Cabinet of Curiosities   Finish
  11. Hands on Designs Scary Apothecary Skeleton Polish Finish
  12. Hands on Designs Scary Apothecary Snail Slime - Finish
  13. Hands on Designs Scary Apothecary 9
  14. CCN Halloween Village Post Office  Finish
  15. CCN Halloween Village Grocery   Finish
  16. CCN Halloween Village Dress Shop  Finish
  17. Jardin Prive 12 Days of Christmas  Finish
  18. Nora Corbett Virgo   Finish
  19. Stitch It Picasso Dragon #2  Finish
  20. Stitch It Picasso Dragon
  21. Stitch It Picasso Dragon
  22. Stitch It Picasso Dragon

Only 12 finishes again this year plus one Goal Met, but that was because I spent nearly half the year focused on my Halloween at Hawk Run Hollow project.  Which went from here:


to here:

stitched over 1 on 25 count Cassia Rose evenweave from Chromatic Alchemy

The plan now is to focus on this for two weeks of each month until it is completed and then focus on Fairy Idyll.



Here are the other BAPs:

Chatelaine Gardens of London

from here:


to here:

stitched on 32 count Cotton Clouds from Crafty Kitten

I'm thinking it would be nice to finish this one on it's 10th Anniversary in 2027.


Mirabilia Fairy Idyll

from here:


to here:

stitched on 32 count Vinyard Murano from Crafty Kitten

This will become my focus after Halloween at Hawk Run Hollow is complete.


Bothy Threads 12 Days of Christmas

from here:


to here:

(still working on this one!  Final photo to be shown in the last post of the year)


Kustom Krafts Little Snapdragon

from here:



to here:

stitched on 32 count Evening Sky Murano from Crafty Kitten

He's on the WIPGO Board twice next year so I'm really hoping to finish him in 2023



I achieved my goal of another blockson the Joan Elliott Faces SAL.   The 2023 goal is to add a large block:

stitched on 28 count Snapdragon Jazlyn from Crafty Kitten


There were four projects that didn't get touched.  The final Scary Apothecary will roll over to next year.  The three Stitch It Picasso Dragons lost out to my passion for 3D buildings!  Which rather took over my evening stitching.

Here are the 12 WIPocalypse Finishes - I did have more finishes this year, these are just the ones from my "22 in '22"





I've been putting together my "23 in '23" for next year and also my WIPGO Board which is a FB group where you make a Bingo Board for 25 of your projects.  The Admin calls 2 numbers each month and you reward yourself for completing rows or columns.  And just for added fun, I'm doing the 23:23 in the WIP Warriors group (formerly No New Starts).  For that challenge, I have to keep my WIPs below 23.  I currently have 15 so I can start 7 new things but after that I have to finish something before I start another thing.


Finally, I do hope you are all enjoying this time of year - the planning for the New Year, when everything is possible!  The fun of going through our stash and working out what we would like to start.  The promise to work on those older projects and keep up with the SALs too!








6 comments:

Carol said...

You made wonderful progress on your list, Jo! So many great finishes this year and I've loved watching others grow--especially the Bothy 12 Days. It really is special!

Wishing you all the best in the coming year--a nice fresh slate will be welcomed by all of us, I'm sure! Happy New Year ♥

Margaret said...

Congratulations on a productive year! I am impressed that you finished so many but also the progress on London.

Astrids dragon said...

You've had a great stitching year and you still have a few days left!
I love seeing how much you've done with Halloween at HRH, I hope to be restarting mine in the new year.

Katie said...

Beautiful work on everything. I am being very careful with my resolutions. I have a lot of learning to do. Learn who I am without my mom. Learn to be healthier. So I am going to just make sure I enjoy every second. I will cheer you along all year I know that.

Leonore Winterer said...

You had another very productive year! Just looking at the progress on HRH is amazing, well done!

Rachel said...

That's a great recap of the year and your WIPocalypse achievements, and all those finishes leave plenty of empty spaces for 2023 projects.
Being able to start up to 7 new projects whilst keeping to under 23 WIPs must be something to really look forward to. I wonder what will appear...?