Translate

Saturday 31 December 2022

December Stitch from Stash and Pie

It's Old Year's Night and time for a look back at the past 365 days of stitching.


First of all, here is the Pie for December:


I spent most of this month working on the 7th shop for my CCN Main Street Halloween conversion.  Here is A la Robe where the fashionable witch will be getting her dresses and robes for the Old Year's Night celebrations:



You saw Halloween at Hawk Run Hollow in my WIPocalypse post so here is my Bothy Threads 12 Days of Christmas.  I didn't quite manage to finish Day 4, all those leaves need the couched backstitch in green added.

stitched on 32 count grey linen





I did finish my 3D Haunted Mansion by attaching all the roof pieces to the walls.  Which was time consuming and fiddly.  I still need to stuff it and attach a base to finally FFO it.  But I have until 10th January for that!


Ignore the hanging threads, they will be sewn in to secure them.




Here's the Evening Pie:


The Stitchonomy Christmas Banner is growing nicely, you saw that on my Smalls post, along with the Amanda Butler Edinburgh House.



In my WIPocalypse post I showed you my 12 finishes from my "22 in '22" list and now here are the rest of my finishes for the year:


Look at that - six 3D finishes!


Let's have a look at the Annual Pie Chart now:

The top three individual projects were:

Halloween at Hawk Run Hollow - 133 days, more than a third of the year
CCN Main Street - 34 days for 3 shops
Nora Corbett Virgo - 27 days

and various Just Nan projects - 30 days

Everything else got 1-3 weeks on it.



I came into the year with 18 WIPs and started 18 projects over the course of the year of which only 3 are still WIPs.  I also completed 6 projects started prior to 2022.  My current WIPs are:


Prior 20209
2020
2021
Total
3
3
15



How did the spending go last month?  My magazine subscription came out and I spent my Christmas money on a blackwork series from Circle Cross which I am very excited about.  You'll see more of that in 2023.




I also tallied up the spend for the whole year:



Magazines are up because I got the digital subscription to JCS and the sub for Cross Stitcher leapt from £8.72 a quarter to £12.99 a quarter!  I had a legacy price from when I subscribed to Cross Stitch Collection which hasn't increased for years.  They finally noticed LOL.  It's still only £4 per issue.

Charts are way up, among others I bought the rest of the Nora Corbett Zodiac Girls, Shannon Christine's 12 Days of Christmas and 11 of the CGS Year in the Woods, some Ukrainian designers to support them and the blackwork from Circle Cross which was half price off but still expensive.  Wait until you see what you get though.   A lot of my chart spend was Christmas or Birthday money.

Fortunately, fabric, threads and "other" were down on last year.  I bought one single piece of fabric the whole year!


Finally,

Have a very Happy Old Year's Night

and a very Peaceful New Year's Day




7 comments:

Akila said...

Whoaaa.. love your details and how you have kept track of all of them! Love the 3d house and all the stitching
Wishing you and your family a brilliant 2023!!

Shelly said...

Amazing record keeping on your stitch from stash, Jo! A La Robe is going to be my favorite block on Main Street Halloween! I think 15 WIPs is not a bad number at all. I hope to finish a whole bunch. Thanks for the new years e-card, it was perfect! Happy New Year!

Katie said...

Fantastic records. Thanks for sharing. Amazing work. Have a wonderful 2023!

diamondc said...

Happy Blessed New Year Jo: You have been one busy stitcher, I like the construction you did on the projects you finished stitching, nice very nice.
It is fun to see your pie chart and how you are progressing.
I hope 2023 holds a beautiful year for all your stitching and Blesses you with good health.

Catherine

Leonore Winterer said...

You had a very successful year, and (almost) finishing that 3D spooky house is a fitting finale!
Personally, I am especially impressed by you finishing so much more than you started, which is an art I have still not mastered after all these years!

Astrids dragon said...

Another productive year with beautiful stitching and finishes. I really love all the houses!
Wow, only one piece of fabric all year?! I think I buy that more than anything.

Rachel said...

Lots of achievements to look back on, and lots of stash to look forward to... until something else pops up which takes priority! Good luck with everything in 2023.