Translate

Sunday 26 September 2021

September WIPocalypse New Starts

         WIPocalypse

WIPocalypse is hosted by Measi's Musings


Each month we have to share the projects we want to complete before the End Of The World.  Since 2011 I have chosen a number of projects to focus on that year, starting with my "11 in '11" and increasing to "21 in '21" for this year.  This month I stitched on 6 of them and met 2 WIPGO Goals.  


5. Nora Corbett Gathering Eggs - a finish!

stitched on 35 count Vintage Country Mocha Linen


8. Just Nan Scream House

stitched on 28 count Wood Violet linen from Permin


10. Stoney Creek 12 Days of Christmas

stitched on 32 count Lime Green Linen



13. Bothy Threads 12 Days of Christmas - stitching finished, couched outline to be added

stitched on 32 count grey-blue linen



17. Just Nan Follow the Needle

stitched on 28 count Lilac Brittney evenweave

Also started the little Ornament chart which comes with the main sampler





20. CCN Halloween Village Cafe 

stitched on 32 count Murano in Charcoal Slate from Sparklies


The full list can be seen here - WIPocalypse and 21 in 21


Measi always gives us a topic to discuss too:

September  – List five projects you have unstarted in your stash that you’d like to start something in the (relatively) near future.

Only five?  That's so difficult!  But I dived into the box next to me and pulled out these four (technically seven because of the seasons!)

First up, Princess Elliana by Mirabilia.  I have an idea for a conversion for this one.
Next, the Seasons from Cricket Collection.  I'd like to stitch these as cubes with one letter per cube.
I've not stitched a Blue Flower design yet and I love Night Walked Down.
Next to her is The Halloween Sampler by Cottage Garden.  I even have the thread for that one!



The fifth design set is one I saw on Rachel and Tiff's blogs as part of their Para-Olympic Stitching.  These will be a series of 12 Dragons.  Even better, the fabric was a gift from Rachel!  It's a piece of 32 count Autumnal Woodland by Crafty Kitten which was wrong for the project Rachel bought it for.  I used it to stitch an Ink Circles' Mandala and have enough left for these dragons.

Here are three pieces cut to size for three of the dragons:



And here are the colours used for all the designs:



Finally, there will be a Hallowe'en Trick or Treat Blog Hop as usual this year. I am sure you all know how it works but for those who need a reminder - here's a link to last year's


If you want to take part, just leave a comment here or email me if you are a "no reply" person. I need an email address for you to take part in this hop.






4 comments:

Leonore Winterer said...

Uh, I love your selection projects! Can't wait to see which ones will make it on your WIPocalypse list next year, but by the looks of it, the dragons won't even have to wait as long!

Vickie said...

Hooray for Gathering Eggs! It is super!

Cathy said...

Gathering Eggs is beautiful!

Rachel said...

I'm totally impressed you managed to narrow your selection down to 5!
I too have the Cricket Collection seasons and am thinking maybe one letter per month for two years when my monarchs are finished, but that won't be until at least mid 2023.
And, of course, I'm going to love your dragons, especially as you're going to stitch them as charted. I still feel bitter about not not being able to get on with the linen at all, but am so glad it is being put to good use. :)