Translate

Thursday 30 September 2021

September Stitch From Stash and Pie

 Let's start the post with some pie!


Quite a successful last few days of the month.  I completed the second block on the Bothy Threads 12 Days of Christmas and ticked off a box on my WIPGO Board for that.

stitched on 32 count grey-blue linen

Here are the first two Days completed:


My goal is to complete Day 3 by the end of the year.

Another last minute finish, this was the Summer Band Sampler SAL with the Just Nan Junkies.  I completed the stitching but needed time to sort out which beads I was going to use as I didn't have the embellishment pack.  Then I decided to stitch the little ornament Nan included in with the main chart:

stitched on 28 count Lilac Brittney evenweave

So many pretty stitches and different effects in this sampler



Not so silent hours in my case as this was stitched over the Summer Holidays with a very not silent child sitting next to me!


This line reminds me of my dear friend Vickie and her blog A Stitcher's Story


Love these tassels




This is the Ornament design she included:


Hopefully this will be FFO'd in time for Rachel's FFO Gallery.

I took the Tiny Modernist Greenhouse to work and continued with the outline:

stitched on 28 count grey-blue evenweave

The WIPGO Board is looking great now, with four numbers ticked off in September!

The numbers called for October included one spooky project and one non-spooky project so that one will have to wait until November.



Stitch From Stash looks like I spent a lot but it was all Birthday money so a nil return for September.


I have received three of the Nora Corbett Zodiac charts already and I'm waiting for the next three.  I do plan to collect all 12 but they will have to wait until Christmas now.

The Stitch It Picasso spend was an impluse thanks to Tiff and Rachel.  I bought the Dragons they were stitching and also the Zodiac series and some Haunted Houses.  Here's the link to the shop - Stitch It Picasso on Etsy

As Leonore guessed, it didn't take me long to start one!

Here is the first colour completed on Dragon 2:

32 count Autumnal Woodland by Crafty Kitten

I started with Dragon 2 because when I cut the piece of fabric I had, it was the perfect size for three of the dragons.  The dragons are different sizes and shapes so it make the best use of the fabric I am stitching them out of order.


Finally, there will be a Hallowe'en Trick or Treat Blog Hop as usual this year. I am sure you all know how it works but for those who need a reminder - here's a link to last year's


If you want to take part, just leave a comment here or email me if you are a "no reply" person. I need an email address for you to take part in this hop.

4 comments:

Shami Immanuel said...

Sampler is so lovey.

Leonore Winterer said...

What a great update! I love the 12 Days, this is really making me want to get this kit, it's so pretty. Speaking of pretty, I kind of regret sitting out on this sampler SAL, but then I still haven't finished Nan's Garden so it probably for the best! Seriously though, SO pretty, love it.

Mary's Thread said...

I just love both the 12 days project you're doing now and that spectacular Just Nan! Those band samplers are small but they are FULL aren't they? I'll be starting one next week! Please count me in for the Trick or Treat Blog Hop!

Rachel said...

I can't believe that, after nine months, you still haven't got a completed line on your WIPGO board! However, I notice that you have already treated yourself to a couple of new starts, so maybe you've had your reward first! If not, I'm looking forward to seeing what you choose. :)