Translate

Monday 20 September 2021

September IHSW

 


IHSW or International Hermit and Stitch Weekend always starts on the third Friday of the month.  It's a chance to lock yourself away and focus on your stitching for the weekend.  You can take part on your blog or via the Facebook page - IHSW on Facebook.


This weekend I focused on to my Bothy Threads 12 Days of Christmas design.  My goal is 3 blocks on this for the year and there's only 3 months to stitch (not stitching Christmas in Dark October!) so I need to get cracking.

Last month I completed all the Olive Green background for Day 2 first and here is where I finished:


I forgot to take a photo at the start of IHSW but here is the current  progress:

stitched on 32 count grey-blue linen

All the fill-in on the 2 is going to be gold metallic!



Today is also the first posting date for Clare's new SAL - The Topsy-Turvy SAL.  This month the theme was New Year.  Unfortunately I haven't got space for a new start but I did stitch on the project I was working on on 1st January - 12 Days of Christmas from Stoney Creek so I am going to see if Clare allows shoe-horns!




Finally the next IHSW will be 15th - 17th October so make sure you note the date in your diary or come and join us in the Facebook Group - IHSW on Facebook.  If you don't do Facebook then you can check in here by leaving a comment on my post.




4 comments:

Rita said...

Oh, I love this 12 days of Christmas! Really festive with the deep and golden colors.

Carol said...

You are so brave to stitch with metallic threads, Jo! They are my least liked thread :) Love how the 12 days is progressing!

gracie said...

Love your projects. Trying to catch up with blog reading.

Leonore Winterer said...

A very 12-day-y post! Very pretty both of them, and what a fun shoehorn.