Translate

Tuesday 28 September 2021

CCN Main Street Hallowe'en Conversion

 I promised a full post on my latest shop and here it is.

stitched on 32 count Murano in Charcoal Slate from Sparklies

This is the original design:


You can see that I took the original colours and just darkened them a bit.  The peachy-orange walls became peachy-brown.  The green awnings and door became lime-green and the trims a dark brown.  The upstairs curtains stayed the same purple.

Then I added the brass cauldron sign, some cauldrons in the window and a large cauldron bubbling away for demonstration purposes so passing witches could gather around it rather than be seated at a nice little patio table.  All of these extras were designed by me using pencil and graph paper.


Here are the three completed shops so far:


Originally I planned to put another tree to the left of this shop but then I discovered that Waxing Moon Designs do a whole series of houses which should fit perfectly!


So once I have stitched all ten of the shops I can choose four of these to go in the corners.

The WIPGO Board has called CCN Main Street again for October so I will be adding another shop next month.  The Bakery will be going next to Cauldrons, but of course it won't be a Bakery.  In fact it's not going to be anything edible!



Finally, there will be a Hallowe'en Trick or Treat Blog Hop as usual this year. I am sure you all know how it works but for those who need a reminder - here's a link to last year's


If you want to take part, just leave a comment here or email me if you are a "no reply" person. I need an email address for you to take part in this hop.






8 comments:

Leonore Winterer said...

I love this conversation - what a great coincidence you'll get to work on it again in October. Very fitting for your dark stitching month!

gracie said...

Love these houses....great colors.

Shelly said...

Sign me up for the Halloween blog hop! Here's my email-azcampis@yahoo.com. I just love your conversion to Halloween town, it looks great:)

diamondc said...

Jo: Nice changes to the colors and the cauldron is a hoot.

Catherine

Kate said...

I like your colour choices Jo.

Carol said...

This is such a fun conversion, Jo--you are so creative! Looking forward to seeing what the Bakery becomes :)

Astrids dragon said...

OMGoodness, I love these shops! You've made great changes to them. I wonder if the "bakery" will include body parts?!

Rachel said...

I've been admiring the conversions as they've appeared. The colours are much better than the original pastel shades. :)