Translate

Tuesday 7 September 2021

September TUSAL and my Stitching Library

   


It's TUSAL time!

Here is my TUSAL jar with a finished project:



Your eyes do not deceive you, that is indeed Gathering Eggs by Nora Corbett all finished!

Here are some more photos to prove it:


I just love the colours in this design


The background is stitched using 1 strand and the girl using 2 strands


Such a pretty border


I chose the fabric specifically for this part where it shows through to form the ground.


Here's one with a ruler so you can see how tall she is - 10.5 inches

stitched on 35 count Vintage Country Mocha Linen




What's on my Shelf?

This is a new feature I'm going to include on my TUSAL post until I run out of books! I started a Page on my Happy Dance blog for my Stitching Library and realised what a huge task it was so decided to break it down to one book per month. For the next four years...

I chose this month's book totally at random off my shelf.

Title: Cross Stitch Wit and Wisdom
Author: Joan Elliott
Publisher: David & Charles
ISBN: 9780715324769

I own a few of Joan Elliott's books as I'm a big fan of her work and it was an easy way to acquire a lot of her designs!


The tag line on this book says "designs with words to brighten your day" and there is a very wide range of wordy and pictorial designs here.  Something for every occasion!

I really like these oriental cards



Lovely wedding sampler


Designs for teenagers


Grandparents


And women in the prime of their life!


I've not stitched an entire design from this book yet but I did make a couple of cards:


These were cards for two people who worked with the Small Boy when he first started preschool.
The top one is part of the wedding sampler Joan picks out to use as a card.
The bottom one is the phrase from one design and a border from another.


As with all the other books I have shown, picking this one up again makes me want to stitch more from it!  I love those Chinese Maples in the first picture.


Finally, I am waaaaaaay behind on blog reading so I must apologise.  I will do my best to catch up.  And with replying to comments too!






9 comments:

diamondc said...

Jo: She is lovely, its a good feeling to have a finish.
That book has some sweet designs to stitch.

Catherine

Claudette497 said...

She's beautiful!

butterfly said...

Beautiful stitching I love the egg girl.
One day I must finish my one .Lots of lovely stitching from your book I have this one two lovely designs in there .
Have a great week hugs June.

Pamela said...

The egg girl is gorgeous! Well done!

RONI said...

Nice finish! And I love the idea of showcasing your books, gives us ideas of what books to go looking for too, if we see things that take our fancy... I love the oriental cards there so might go hunting for this one, although the title may not have drawn me in.

Margaret said...

Gathering Eggs is beautiful. Well done on a lovely finish.

Leonore Winterer said...

Wow, Gathering Eggs looks awesome!
This is one of the few JE books I do not own, but looking at those pictures, I might need to look out for it...

Carol said...

Congratulations on this beautiful finish, Jo! It's funny how certain charts can become more appealing once you see them stitched up. I just found another magazine with this chart in it, so, who knows... maybe I'll stitch it myself some day :) Anyway, enjoy your truly lovely finish! ♥

Rachel said...

Huge congratulations on your Gathering Eggs Happy Dance. Just goes to show how, after seemingly being a WIP for so long, a project can suddenly become a finish by being added into a rotation. Another tick for the your year's plans. :)