Translate

Friday 10 September 2021

Finally Fully Finishing Fun for September

  

Hosted by Rachel the Ten Hour Stitcher

This SAL is designed to motivate us all to do something with that box of Finished pieces instead of just storing them under the bed.  We will all be linking up on Rachel's blog on or after the 10th of each month (10 Hour Stitcher - 10th of the month).

Very little FFO'ing this month, just one small framed piece again!  This is another freebie from The Primitive Hare for Beltane, the May Day festival which I didn't stitch in May because I was doing Maynia..  Framed the same as the other three I have completed in the same multi-frame.  The goal is to have all eight done by the end of this year.

stitched on 35 count Cream Linen

Here are the first four framed together:


Mabon, which is the Autumnal Equinox, will be framed next to Lammas and then I will work my way up the left hand side of the frames so they are viewed in a continuous circle.

Each design has a different backing card from the same set of papers so the colours co-ordinate but hopefully go well with the appropriate season.

So that's it for Fully Finishing, hopefully I will get a few more done this month.  I did paint some charity shop frames black ready for Halloween!

Finally, it's WIPGO Weekend and I will be working on my Country Cottage Needleworks Hallowe'en Village conversion.

Here's my starting point, any guess what this shop might be?  We already have Broomsticks and Grimoires.

stitched on 32 count Murano in Charcoal Slate from Sparklies






 



9 comments:

diamondc said...

Jo: Sweet design and perfect framing.
Nice start on your shop design.

Catherine

Shelly said...

Love how you're displaying the Hare freebies! I'm guessing Cauldron for that third shop. Your fabric is perfect for Halloween conversion:)

Barb said...

Great finishing! I am so looking forward to your Halloween Village conversion!

Mary said...

I really like your finishing idea with the coordinating seasonal photo!

Suzanne H said...

I'm looking forward to your stitching for the multi-frame. I'm a bit behind in my blog reading so I'm going to go back and find your Country Cottage Needleworks conversion. I'm intrigued. Lovely stitching and I hope you are well!

Carol said...

Lovely new finish, Jo! That entire series looks great together. Looking forward to seeing what your new building in your Halloween village might be! Have a great week ahead ♥

Leonore Winterer said...

These pieces look great in their frame! Even now with just the paper on the left side, it kind of fits.

Marcy said...

Love the framing - what a great idea!

Rachel said...

Thanks for taking part in September's FFG SAL. You've sounded like me the last couple of months with 'only one this month' but we have to always agree that one is better than none! :)