Translate

Saturday 2 October 2021

The People Chose Leaves

    

This SAL is all about what you want to see on the blog. Each month I ask for suggestions for themes and then put them up to the members of the IHSW Group on FB to vote for their choice. This is what they have chosen:

October - Leaves
November - Funny
December - Fancy Finishes

When I saw this theme come up I instantly knew which piece I would show:


Sue Donnelly from Stitcher's Hideaway designed this as a companion piece to Hear the Sea Call which I stitched the previous year.  I used the supplied 3371 for the verse and Threadworx Chilli Peppers
which is a great variegated green, orange and red colour.  The fabric is 32 count Belfast Linen in Tobacco.

This one is Joan Elliott's Autumn Fairy.  I was experimenting with stitching over one so just did her face.  I substituted French Knots for beads.


Then mounted her in a page from an old calendar with some foil falling leaf stitckers:



Here's another Joan Elliott design, the Green Goddess:


I really enjoyed stitching her and then gave her to my Mum.


Now it's over to you.  All you have to do is make a post on the theme of Leaves, mention The People's Choice SAL (you can copy the picture I used at the top of this post and in my side bar) and my blog. Please link up using the URL of the actual blog post, not the home page of your blog.   I look forward to seeing what you all post.

*

*


Finally, I need your suggestions for the next poll.  Anything, no matter how obscure, weird or random will go into the poll.  Keep the theme suggestions to a single word or two - so you could have Cats, or Green, or Holidays, or Warmth etc.   Really anything which could be illustrated in cross stitch.



9 comments:

Pamela said...

Your Glorious Fall piece is perfect! Well done on all your leaves.

diamondc said...

Jo: Fun fall post.

Catherine

jocondine said...

Your variated thread was perfect for this lovely stitching leave. I thought I would find more garlands in this post (the nice one crossed with charms) and I'm sure there are many leaves on your Halloween trees. It reminds me that I want you, please, to add my name for the Halloween Blog Hop. xxx

butterfly said...

Love the green lady.

diamondc said...

Jo: I love the way you finished the Autumn Fairy, a very interesting finish.

Catherine

Leonore Winterer said...

Great post! The Green Goddess is especially leaf-y.

Astrids dragon said...

I love the fall colours of the leaves, just gorgeous. Your Autumn Fairy looks so pretty and delicate, a perfect finish for her.
Green Goddess is beautiful, I can't remember if you stitched others or something similar?

Carol said...

Love the interesting way you finished the fall fairy, Jo! Just beautiful!

Rachel said...

All linked up. Three very different 'leaves' projects there. At first glance I might not have considered Autumn Fairy's headdress to be made from leaves but it's obvious really! :)