Translate

Tuesday 5 March 2024

March Plans

At the start of the year I made a list of 24 projects I want to stitch this year for my "24 in '24".  The order I stitch them in is going to be determined by the WIPGO Board.  Jessie-Marie calls two numbers each month and those will be the two projects I stitch that month.  One small and one medium.

In February, the numbers 3 and 24 were called.  These related to the collection of Alice in Wonderland Bottles from Rainbow Hunter and Spring by Cricket Collection.  I completed one of the Bottles in February and the other one today.

Here's the Cheshire Cat:

stitched on 32 count Antique Blue linen


For March, the numbers are 1 and 10.  These relate to September Strawflowers from the Sweetheart Tree and Hocus Pocus Cabinet from Primitive Hare.

Hocus Pocus Cabinet is a PDF I've had for quite a while (2018) and it's easy to forget about PDFs compared to paper charts.  So when I compiled my list I went through all my Paid For PDFs and added quite a few to the "24 in '24".




I decided to use a nice piece of 32 count Vintage Country Mocha for this design.  There are only a few dark, muted colours in the design and I'm using my own conversion rather than the charted GAST and WDW.  Because "Stitch from Stash".

I started with all the black outline of the bottles and the brown labels so now it's a case of filling in the middles.

The variegated brown is from Jodyri Threads and is called Cafe au Lait.  I'm really pleased with how this is turning out.

stitched on 32 count Vintage Country Mocha linen

There are two designs included in the PDF.  If I finish the main one in plenty of time, I will start the smaller one.


My Small for the month will be this one from The Sweetheart Tree.  I'll be starting this one tonight.


It's only tiny, 3 x 2 inches, and I do have the nice charm.



🐇 Good Friday - Friday 29th March 🐇

Finally, it's time to sign up for the Annual Easter Treasure Hunt.  If you would like to take part this year, just leave a comment here.  The week before Easter I will send you a letter of the alphabet which will form part of the mystery phrase.  On Good Friday you will post that letter along with a photo of something seasonal that you have stitched (could be Easter or Spring or just something cheerful and sunny or floral).  We all hop around like little bunnies to find the Mystery Phrase!

Here's a link to last year's hop so you can see how it all works - Easter Treasure Hunt Blog Hop 2023



7 comments:

DJ said...

Hi Jo! I know it's been a while since I visited your blog...life, you know? I love the little Cheshire cat you stitched, he's adorable! The heart you will be starting next is very pretty! Yes, those PDFs really do tend to hide from view when you are thinking of your next project. I would love to participate in your Easter Blog Hop...I'll have to search through my things to see what to stitch for that! Happy Stitching!

Carol said...

I love that you have such varied projects always on the go, Jo! The Sweetheart Tree piece is going to be so pretty and delicate and your little Cheshire Cat finish is so cute. Hope you're finding plenty of stitching time this weekend ♥

Akila said...

WOW, you have 24 WIPs at a time!! I can hardly manage with just 1.. kudos to you! Love the fabrics and the progress

Leonore Winterer said...

Great plans for the month - and dare I say that's the cutest Cheshire Cat: I've ever seen?! Well done!
Count me in for the blog hop, please. Hard to believe we're going towards Easter already!

jocondine said...

Such a funny pattern with this lovely Cheshire Cat! That's what is great with Alice story so many characters and ways to design them. Well done! xxx

Katie said...

Great plans. I love your little finish. So adorable. The new pattern is lovely of course. As we both love Halloween haha. I will sit out this blog hop. We have several fun weekends away coming up. So I'll be behind as always haha.

Roni said...

I feel less guilty about my numbers of WIP when I read this particular blog update. But possibly slightly more guilty that mine don't get the love and attention you show to your stitch collection. Love the Cheshire Cat, it's so unusual!