Translate

Thursday 29 February 2024

February Stitch From Stash and Pie

 Have you enjoyed your extra day of stitching time?  I know a lot of people were doing a Leap Day start but I managed to resist that temptation.

Here's what I did stitch over the whole month:




Look at how focused I was!  Apart from my Dark 13 and A-Z Challenge I stitched on the same project every day for the whole month.

The WIPGO board chose Cricket Collection Spring as my focus piece.  I started this on 1st February and made awesome progress.  It does look almost finished but that's because I concentrated on the letters and large areas of colour.  There are a LOT of colours in this one so I left all the flowers until the end so I could stitch all the little bits colour-by-colour.

stitched on 32 count Marie's Daffodil linen from Chromatic Alchemy


The plan is to finish this one off if I complete March's piece before the end of the month.


In the evenings I worked on the Alice in Wonderland Bottles from Rainbow Hunter on Etsy. 


I completed Alice and made good progress on the Cheshire Cat. 


stitched on 32 count Antique Blue linen



My plan is to continue with the Cat until it is finished and then start on my March Small, as it is a very small and won't take long at all.


I was doing very well with my spending again, a nice zero spend for the second month when Circle Cross started releasing peeks of her new design.  Alice in Wonderland Blackwork themed!

I couldn't resist so instead of a Leap Day start, I had a Leap Day purchase!



Who could resist?  It's teacups seen from above the scenes from the book in order to tell the story in pictures.  She's promising a Through the Looking Glass version too!

So here's my actual spend:







Finally, I'll be doing an Easter Treasure Hunt again this year so stay tuned for more details about how we'll be hopping like bunnies around the blogs again.




6 comments:

Katie said...

Beautiful work on your Spring piece. Love your two smalls. So you....but wow that big piece is very you and I love how much I know you love it. Can't wait to watch you stitch it up.

gracie said...

Love your stitching. I am a big fan of anything Alice...looking forward to watching the start of Circles.

DJ said...

Ooooh those Alice in Wonderland blackwork patterns look intriguing! I'm looking forward to seeing your stitching on those! Alice in the bottle is very cute too! Happy Stitching!

Akila said...

Love the spring stitching.. very pleasing choice of fabric. Alice looks very cute

Leonore Winterer said...

Great work this month! Yes, I can see there are some gaps on Spring still, but I imagine filling in the flowers will be fun, if a little confetti-y!
The Circle Cross design is very tempting, as are many others they have...at one point I'm going to have to jump on the bandwaggon as well!

jocondine said...

Must be great to stitch Spring during those last winter days and look forward to warmer days and colored flowers with the stitching. That new pattern looks amazing, how many hours could it take? It must need a huge big piece of fabric! xxx