Translate

Friday 29 March 2024

March Smalls

  

The Smalls SAL is hosted by Rachel

For my Smalls stitching this year, I have chosen 12 smaller designs and numbered them for my WIPGO Board.  Each month one Small will be stitched in the evening timeslot and hopefully finished within the month.

In February, the WIPGO number was for the Alice in Wonderland Bottles Collection from Rainbow Hunter on Etsy.

I finished Alice and showed her last month and completed the Cheshire Cat at the start of March.

stitched on 32 count Antique Blue linen

Once the Cat was done, I moved on to the March choice; September Strawflowers by The Sweetheart Tree:

stitched on 32 count Antique White linen


The chart came with the little charm for the centre but not the beads.  The variegated purple is a Six Strand Sweets hand-dyed called Witches Brew.  This was a gift from a fellow blogger a long time ago so it was nice to use some!


After I finished that one, I moved on to the Circle Cross Zodiac signs and completed Aquarius:

stitched on 28 count sky blue evenweave from Silkweavers



Finally, WIPGO for April is a very old chart from 1995 which I have had in my stash for about that length of time so it's great to be making a start on it at last!

















3 comments:

Erica said...

Your smalls are all beautiful! My favorite is the Sweetheart Tree heart!

Mary said...

Hi Jo. Beautiful finishes. I love backstitching on the Cheshire cat and the zodiac sign. The Strawberry heart is beautiful.
I like stitching from old charts, especially, those that have speciality stitches.

Leonore Winterer said...

I love everything about this post - the Cheshire Cat is amazing, the little heart is so cute, and I'm looking forward to seeing that new start too!