Translate

Friday 15 March 2024

Gifted Gorgeousness March Link-up Post

  


Welcome to the March Gifted Gorgeousness link-up. The link-up date continues to be the 15th and I will keep the link-up open until the end of each month so you have plenty of time if you are late posting.

The format remains exactly the same, there is a list of rules on the main sign-up page if you want to check what is required but basically anything connected to the word "gift" is allowed, whether it was a gift TO you or is a gift FROM you.


My focus piece last month was stitched on gifted fabric.

Cricket Collection - Spring

stitched on 32 count Marie's Daffodil linen from Chromatic Alchemy


This one was a gift from the designer and the fabric was a gift too.  

Steady Thread - Tree of Life Temperature SAL


stitched on 28 count Meadow Mist linen from Silkweavers


I record the temperature each day and then stitch the leaves on the Sunday morning.


My Dark 13 design is stitched on gifted fabric, a beautiful 40 count linen called Witch's Brew from Zweigart.  My plan is to stitch one letter per month until we reach October and then complete it during Dark October.

stitched on 40 count linen called Witch's Brew from Zweigart


IHSW starts today and as part of my A-Z Challenge I have reached E and F.  So today I will be working on English Transitional Sampler by Scarlet Letter.  The kit was a gift.  This is where I am starting:

stitched on 35 count linen


Now it is your turn to show us your Gifted Gorgeousness for the month.  Please use your name or your blog name in the field and NOT the words "March Update" so I can easily see who has linked up this month.  And link to the actual post, not just your blog.  It is easier if you copy and paste the link, rather than typing freehand.

*

*



🐇 Good Friday - Friday 29th March 🐇

Finally, it's time to sign up for the Annual Easter Treasure Hunt.  If you would like to take part this year, just leave a comment here.  The week before Easter I will send you a letter of the alphabet which will form part of the mystery phrase.  On Good Friday you will post that letter along with a photo of something seasonal that you have stitched (could be Easter or Spring or just something cheerful and sunny or floral).  We all hop around like little bunnies to find the Mystery Phrase!

Here's a link to last year's hop so you can see how it all works - Easter Treasure Hunt Blog Hop 2023

8 comments:

A Patchwork of Crafts said...

Oh yes the Easter Treasure hunt, yes delighted to participate, must get stitching for that. Love the tree you are working on, very fond of trees I am.

Clare-Aimetu said...

Your stitching is lovely, especially Spring and your Temperature Tree. I'm looking forward to the Easter Treasure Hunt.

Mary said...

Your CEC is so pretty; I just love the yellow fabric. The tree of Life is really pretty with all of the range of colors on the leaves. I look forward in seeing your progress on the English Transitional Sampler.

DJ said...

Thank you for hosting GG! It's always a treat for the eyes to visit your blog. You have the most interesting projects. I love your tree, so cute that you are adding the leaves for the temperatures. Spring is lovely!! Your sampler really is a gorgeous piece!! I'm looking forward to your Easter hop! Happy Stitching!

jocondine said...

So many progress on all your WIP, impressive! This tree looks already so huge! xxx

Mylene said...

Your WIP's are coming along great.
Love the Spring design...looking forward to see
how you finish it off.
Have a happy week.

Toki said...

Cricket Collection Spring so cute.The temperature tree is also growing beautifully.
I would like to participate in the Easter project, but I can't because I have never celebrated Easter or done anything with eggs.Sorry.🙇

Leonore Winterer said...

That temperature tree is coming along so nicely, soon, you will only have the leaves left to add, which should go quickly each week!