Translate

Monday 25 March 2024

Extra Weekend!

There are five full weekends in March this year.  Last weekend was IHSW and next weekend is "End of the Month" and time to post WIPocalypse, Pie and Stitch From Stash so this weekend feels like a bonus weekend.

So what did I stitch for my bonus weekend?

My focus piece has been Hocus Pocus Cabinet - Focus Pocus? but progress has been a little slow due to being so busy in the week.

I managed to finish all the colour and now just have the black surround and the lettering to do.  I changed the colours to a mixture of Anchor and Jodyri.  The original used GAST and WDW.

Here's where I am now:

stitched on 32 count Vintage Country Mocha

On Sunday I caught up with two weeks of leaves on my Temperature Tree from The Steady Thread:

stitched on 28 count Meadow Mist linen from Silkweavers


stitched on 28 count Meadow Mist linen from Silkweaver


As I had finished my Small for the WIPGO Board I switched to the Circle Cross Zodiac Tarot for the evenings.

I completed Aquarius and have made a good start on Pisces:


stitched on 28 count sky blue evenweave from Silkweavers


🐇 Good Friday - Friday 29th March 🐇

Finally, it's time to sign up for the Annual Easter Treasure Hunt.  If you would like to take part this year, just leave a comment here.  The week before Easter I will send you a letter of the alphabet which will form part of the mystery phrase.  On Good Friday you will post that letter along with a photo of something seasonal that you have stitched (could be Easter or Spring or just something cheerful and sunny or floral).  We all hop around like little bunnies to find the Mystery Phrase!

Here's a link to last year's hop so you can see how it all works - Easter Treasure Hunt Blog Hop 2023








4 comments:

butterfly said...

All your work is growing well , love to pop in and see what you are up to .
Happy Easter Jo for you and your family . Hugs June.

Carol said...

You made nice progress with your extra weekend stitching, Jo! Love how the temperature tree is looking. I'm usually not keen on temperature charts, but this one is very unique and eye catching. Wishing you and your family a wonderful Easter weekend ♥

Clare-Aimetu said...

Lovely progress, I replied to your email to join in the Hop, always good fun

Leonore Winterer said...

Great progress on your Focus Pocus (lol). As you can see I'm a little behind with my reading, but I'm sure I'll soon find out if you managed to finish it in March!