Translate

Wednesday 31 January 2024

January Stitch from Stash and Pie

 Regular followers will know I produce a delicious home-made pie to illustrate my focus projects for the month.  I don't record minutes or stitches so this gives an approximate idea of how much time each WIP got.


I had already spent 22 days in December stitching The Fox so that makes a total of 35 days.  But some of them were very short due to working extra in the run-up to Christmas.  I am hoping The Swans won't take as long to finish off.  The plan is to put them aside now and see if I can fit them in if I complete a focus project early in a month.


stitched over 1 on 25 count Cirrus evenweave from Chromatic Alchemy


Cottage Garden Samplings is my Dark 13 project so that will get one day per month.  The other two were for my A-Z Challenge over International Hermit & Stitch Weekend so one day each.

stitched on 40 count Witch's Brew linen from Zweigart

This should be the pattern for this year - 3 individual days and the rest of the month on one or two focus projects.


My evening pie will follow a similar format - one focus project chosen by WIPGO and one blackwork to fill the rest of the evenings if I finish the focus before the end of the month.


Amaranth only took 18 days so I got lots of time for my Circle Cross Zodiac, completing Capricorn and making a good start on Aquarius.


stitched on 28 count sky blue evenweave from Silkweavers


Finally, Stitch from Stash, this is my tenth year!  I skipped 2016 as it was a Big Birthday Year and I wanted to be able to splurge a little.


It's a big fat zero to start the year.  I haven't really bought anything at all this month, not for any of my hobbies.




5 comments:

Clare-Aimetu said...

Is your spending good or bad? It's great to use up stash but it does mean no new treats hee hee. Great progress illustrated by your pies

Carol said...

Looks like a great plan for February, Jo! I didn't realize you were stitching the Fox and Swans over one! They look so beautiful. As does Capricorn... Enjoy your Friday ♥

diamondc said...

Jo: The Fox is so beautiful, you have made great progress on all your stitching.

Catherine

Katie said...

Beautiful progress on everything. Keep it up.

Leonore Winterer said...

You had a great start to the year - very focused! I'm looking forward to see how long you can keep this up. Not that i want or expect you to fail, but you know how newp projects have just a way of creeping up on you...