Translate

Sunday 28 January 2024

January WIPocalypse Oldest Project

     WIPocalypse

WIPocalypse is hosted by Measi's Musings


Each month we have to share the projects we want to complete before the End Of The World.  Since 2011 I have chosen a number of projects to focus on that year, starting with my "11 in '11" and increasing to "24 in '24" for this year.  This month I stitched on 3 of them and had 2 finishes.


9. Shepherd's Bush - Amaranth - Finish


21. Cottage Garden Samplings - Year in the Woods

The Fox - Finish


The Swans



24. Cottage Garden Samplings Halloween Sampler



Measi always gives us a topic to discuss:

January – Tell us about the oldest WIP you have in your stash.

Rather handily, I stitched on my oldest WIP this month too!  It was part of my A-Z Challenge for IHSW and came under A for Art Nouveau Head.  Back in 2011-12 I was very keen on starting things.  I had discovered forums and blogs in 2010 and started my own blog in 2011.  This particular project was one I'd bought before my older son was born and started as part of my "11 in '11".

I stitched for about 14 hours and got this far:



By the end of the month I had got this far:


And that was pretty much it for 2011.  Apart from my annual Longest Day Marathons it has not been touched since then.  So here it is after a day's H&S:

stitched on 14 count white Aida

I might make this a focus piece for next year and get it off the list.  The circle in the middle is very confetti covered but the rest of it is quite large chunks of colour so should be quite quick once I focus on it.

After this one I have three WIPs started in 2012, two of which are massive.  Then the Joan Elliott Faces SAL from 2014 which should be a finish for this year.  After that it's my Chatelaine from 2017.  So not too bad for older projects.


Finally, I will be running the Secret Stitching Sweetheart Blog Hop on Valentine's Day.

Secret Stitching Sweetheart Blog Hop

It's really very simple, all you have to do is email me a picture of something you have stitched which is suitable for a stitching friend on Valentine's Day. It could be a heart, or a pair of cute creatures, or the word "love" or anything which warms your heart. Really anything you think a fellow stitcher would like to receive in her email Inbox. It can be something you've stitched in the past or something you've made especially for this year. It could also be quilted or sewn this year as I know some of my followers do other crafts too.

Send me the email by 10th February.

When I have all the emails I will randomise them and send one to each participant on 13th February. Then on 14th February you must post the picture you receive onto your blog under the heading

Secret Stitching Sweetheart Blog Hop

There will be a list on my blog of everyone joining in, so check out all the blogs and find out who got your picture and identify yourself in their comments as their

Secret Stitching Sweetheart


Does that make sense to everyone? I hope so!

If you'd like to be involved then leave a comment on this post or send me an email if you are "no-reply". I'll be putting little reminders up from time to time and will email on 9th February to make sure you send the pic in time.

8 comments:

butterfly said...

Always love to pop over and see what beautiful work you are stitching on . Have a fun week hugs June.

Vickie said...

Amaranth is lovely. The Fox is wonderful! Well done!

Katie said...

Not too old really. You've done great on your other pieces. 2 finishes. Swans looks lovely too. The Halloween Sampler is sure on gorgeous fabric.

Clare-Aimetu said...

It's amazing how quick the years go, I know I was surprised at how many years ago my tablecloth began life.Lovely stitching on some great projects

Carol said...

Congratulations on your two new finishes, Jo! That fox sure is one handsome fellow! Hope your last few days of January are good ones ♥

Tiffstitch said...

Nice progress on that one and yes, please sign me up!

Leonore Winterer said...

What a great way to start of the year with two finishes! The Fox looks great and I love what I can see of the Swans. I'm happy that revisiting your oldest WIP worked out so well for you. THis would make a great focus next year!

Rachel said...

Congrats on a great start to 2024's WIPocalypse! Your finishes are beautiful and your Halloween Sampler fabric to die for!